- 2 tbs. olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 ½ lbs medium raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tbs. grated fresh ginger
- ½ tsp. seafood seasoning
- 2 tbs. packed brown sugar
- 1 ½ tbs. lemon juice or lime juice
- 1 can (15 ¼ oz) pineapple chunks in juice (drained)
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped (optional)
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet.
- Saute´ red pepper, add garlic, stirring constantly. Saute shrimp, adding ginger and seafood seasoning, stirring 1-2 minutes.
- Add brown sugar, lemon juice and pineapple chunks. Cook 3-5 minutes until shrimp is cooked through.
- Serve over hot cooked rice. Garnish with chopped jalapeno pepper, if desired.