- 1 lb. onions, diced
- 2 tbs. vegetable oil
- 4 tbs. all purpose flour
- 1 lb. cauliflower florets
- 1 qt. chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Saute onions in oil until translucent.
- Add flour to onions to create a roux. Cook roux to blond stage.
- Add stock to roux in stages, whisking constantly to prevent lumps.
- Add broccoli and simmer until soft.
- Working in batches,puree broccoli and broth mixture in blender until smooth, about 45 seconds per batch. Return puree to same pan.
- Add cream and return to a simmer, do not bring to a boil.
- Season soup to taste with salt and pepper.