- 8 ounces dried whole wheat rotini pasta
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 mango, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Cook pasta according to package directions.
2. While pasta is cooking, finely chop red onion, chop red bell pepper and cut mango.
3. Drain pasta once it is finished cooking and run under cold water.
4. Put cold pasta into medium-sized bowl. Add red onion, red bell pepper and mango to the pasta.
5. To make dressing, chop cilantro into fine pieces.
6. Combine cilantro, lime juice, oil, sugar, salt, garlic powder, cumin and cayenne pepper in a small bowl. Mix well. Pour dressing over pasta, toss gently to coat.
7. Serve immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days.
- This recipe can be made in advanced and used for lunch throughout the week.
- Add lean protein (ex: chicken or black beans) to make it a balanced meal.