- 1 tbs. canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large poblano pepper, diced
- 3 garlic cloves
- 3 chipotle chiles in adobo, minced
- 1 15 oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 15 oz can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 15 oz can fat free, reduced sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. butternut squash, diced
- ¼ cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime
Heat a deep sauté pan over medium heat, then add oil. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes, then add poblano pepper and sauté for another 5 minutes until onions become translucent. Add the chipotle peppers, garlic and black beans, and sauté for another 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add tomatoes, corn and broth, and bring to a simmer, add the butternut squash and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until the squash is tender. Add cilantro and lime juice just before serving.
Serve over quinoa and garnish with Greek Yogurt.