- 1 Tbsp. Smart Balance Butter Substitute
- ¼ cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. green bell pepper, chopped
- ½ lb. ground turkey
- 2 Tbsp. diced celery
- 2 Tbsp. Spice Delight all purpose essence
- 2 cups chicken stock (Better than Bouillon brand)
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- In a medium size skillet over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add onions, bell pepper, ground turkey, celery and Spice Delight All-Purpose Essence.
- Cook 5 minutes or until turkey is cooked.
- Add chicken stock and rice; cook 30 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
Tip: This side dish is normally made with chicken gizzards and livers. Use ground turkey to reduce the fat content.