Kale can be grown all year round, and is usually very affordable. The stems can be tough, so it’s best to strip the leaves away.
Ingredients1 bunch of curly kale
2 tablespoons olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Strip or cut the leaves from the stems on the kale. Tear large leaves in smaller pieces. Place kale in a large bowl of water and wash well.
- Drain the kale and dry it well, you may need to use a clean dish towel or paper towel to absorb some of the water.
- Add dry kale to a bowl and toss with olive oil, a couple pinches of salt, and pinch of pepper.
- Divide the kale onto a baking sheet and be sure to spread evenly or it will not get crisp in the oven. You may need another baking sheet, or to work in batches.
- Roast for 15 minutes, or until kale is crisp.
Adapted from foodnetwork.com.