- 3 tsps. vegetable oil, divided
- 1 (8 oz) tube plain polenta, cut into 12 slices
- 1 lb. boneless chicken breast strips
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, minced and divided
- ½ cup raisins, chopped
- ½ lb. Swiss chard, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tbs sliced almonds
- Heat 1 ½ teaspoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add polenta slices, cook 2 to 3 minutes, turning halfway through or until lightly browned. Transfer to a platter. Cover to keep warm.
- Add remaining 1 ½ teaspoons oil to skillet. Cook chicken in oil about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add lemon juice, chicken broth, 1 garlic clove and raisins. Cook, stirring 1 minute longer or until chicken is done. Transfer to platter with a slotted spoon. Reserve liquid in skillet.
- Add Swiss chard and onion to skillet and cook stirring 3 minutes or until tender. Add remaining chicken broth and garlic, cook, stirring 2 minutes longer. Add chicken back into pan with Swiss chard until heated through. Serve with polenta.