- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 each shallots, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups shredded carrots, chopped
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups orzo pasta
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley, a handful
- 2 cups frozen peas
- Heat a medium skillet over medium high heat. Add extra-virgin olive oil, garlic, shallots, zucchini and carrots. Saute 5 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Add orzo and bring to a boil.
- Cover and reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally until pasta absorbs the liquid and is al dente in texture, 10 minutes.
- Uncover and stir in cheese, parsley and peas.
- Season with pepper, to your taste.