- 2-15 oz. cans no salt added chickpeas (garbanzo beans) rinsed and drained
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsps fresh lemon or lime juice
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt-free seasoning blend
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- Place beans and garlic in a food processor; pulse 5 times or until chopped. Add 1/2 cup water and remaining ingredients; pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Serve with whole grain pita chips and fresh heart healthy vegetables.
Test Kitchen Tip: If desired, saute´ one onion, chopped in 1 tablespoon oil until tender. Add to food processor with beans and garlic.