- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 medium tomato, coarsely chopped and seeded
- ½ cup chopped fresh mint or parsley
- ¼ cup raisins (optional)
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. chopped green onions (optional)
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. salt (optional)
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Bring water to boil in a medium saucepan; add rinsed quinoa. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed. Remove from heat; fluff with a fork.
- Stir in tomato and remaining ingredients. Cover; let stand 1 hour.
- Serve at room temperature or chill for 1 hour.
Test Kitchen Tip: If desired, toss in crumbled feta cheese before serving. Serve with pita bread or pita chips.