For the Black Bean-Quinoa Salad
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup canned black beans, drained, and rinsed
- 1 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. pepper
- 2/3 cup roasted red pepper
- 2/3 cup medium red onion, diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1 lb. salmon, cut into 4 4-oz. fillets
- 2 cups watercress or baby spinach
- 4 Tbs. lime juice
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 1/3 tsp. ground cumin
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400º.
- Bring water to a boil in a medium pot and add the quinoa. Boil for 14 to 16 minutes until quinoa is translucent and tender. Transfer the quinoa to a bowl and allow to cool to room temperature.
- Place salmon fillets on a baking sheet skin side down and roast for 10-15 minutes, depending on how well cooked you like your salmon.
- Toss the beans with vinegar, salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl. Let sit for 30 minutes before draining off excess liquid. Add the drained beans, red bell pepper, red onions, and cilantro to the quinoa; toss gently to combine.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lime juice, salt, and cumin. Add the oil in a stream, whisking continuously. Use 1/3 of the dressing to lightly dress watercress or baby spinach. Use the rest of the dressing in the black bean-quinoa mixture. To serve: Mound ½ cup of watercress or spinach on a plate and top with 1 cup of the black bean-quinoa salad. Top with roasted salmon and serve.