- 1 large bunch kale, stems removed and leaves chopped
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, sliced
- ½ cup vegetable or chicken stock or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar, optional
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Add the kale and stock; stir, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove cover and continue to cook, stirring until all the liquid has evaporated and kale is tender.
- Add vinegar if using and season to taste with salt and pepper.