- 1 cup strawberries (6 large), rinsed, hulled & sliced
- 1 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- ½ tsp. Splenda
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 ½ cups sliced fresh strawberries, (about 12 ounces)
- 1/3 cup fresh chives, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ½ cup toasted chopped walnuts
Goat Cheese Croutons
- 8 (1/4-inch) slices baguette
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces goat cheese
- fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 cup strawberries, rinsed, hulled & sliced
- Place strawberries, vinegar, pepper, Splenda and salt in a blender or food processor; process until pureed, stopping once or twice to scrape down the sides. Add oil and process until smooth.
- Place spinach, strawberries and chives in a large bowl, pour dressing over; toss to coat.
- Divide the salad among 8 plates and top with walnuts.
- Lightly brush each side of each baguette slice with oil. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 3 to 5 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted. Top with cheese, fresh cracked pepper and sliced strawberries.