- 1 pound chicken tenderloins
- 2 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1, 14oz bag frozen peppers and onions
- 1 1/2 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced (optional)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1, 32oz container lower-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 block Monterey jack cheese, shredded
- Lime juice
- Low-fat sour cream
1. Cut chicken into bite size pieces.
2. Heat large pot over medium-high heat and add 1 tablespoon oil. Once oil is hot, add chicken and cook until there is no pink in the middle. Once cooked through, take chicken out of pot and place in a bowl.
3. Chop jalapeno and tomatoes; set aside.
4. Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a large pot. Place frozen peppers and onions, garlic, and jalapeno in the pot. Sauté 5 minutes or until veggies begin to soften.
5. Add chili powder, crushed red pepper, salt, cumin and pepper. Sauté for 30 seconds.
6. Add cooked chicken, corn, chicken broth, tomatoes and black beans. Bring soup to a boil.
7. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 6 minutes.
8. Serve each bowl with toppings of your choice. Add fresh clementine to the meal to make a balanced plate.