- 4 cups water
- 1 cup dry wheat berries, rinsed
- 2 cups frozen shelled edamame for the salad cup thinly sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 3 tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. lemon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
To prepare the wheat berries and edamame:
- Bring water and wheat berries to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer gently for 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the edamame and continue to cook until they are tender, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Drain and rinse.
To prepare the salad:
- In a large bowl, add cooked wheat berries, edamame, celery, sun-dried tomatoes, and raisins.
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, oil, lemon pepper and garlic.
- Pour over wheat berry mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with parsley.