This is a great way to use any extra onions you may have. You can also half the recipe easily.
Ingredients9 small to medium yellow onions
¼ cup olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, thinly sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place a rack in the upper third of the oven and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut the tops and bottoms off each onion, but leave most of the skins on.
- Arrange the onions in a square baking dish, or a cookie sheet with a rim.
- Drizzle olive oil over the onions. Place a thin pat of butter on each onion.
- Season with salt and pepper, and top with fresh or dried rosemary if you have it.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until onions are bubbling and tender.
- Increase the oven temperature to 400 degrees, and cook for another 15-20 minutes until onions are complete tender and the tops are browned.
- Remove from oven, and once onions are slightly cooled, remove the skins, slice the onions and enjoy!
Adapted from joythebaker.com.