This class is offered alternately in-person or virtually with a live instructor.
The prenatal breastfeeding class will help you understand the techniques and strategies needed to feel ready and confident to breastfeed your newborn.
This class includes:
- Orientation to successful breastfeeding
- What to expect in the early weeks
- Pumping and storage of breast milk
- Tips on dealing with breastfeeding challenges
- How both partners can participate in feeding the baby
Both partners are encouraged to attend. It is recommended that this class be taken anytime in the last 2-3 months before your expected delivery date.
This class is offered both virtually with a live instructor and face-to-face. For virtual attendance, it is recommended that you have a baby doll or stuffed animal to allow for hands-on practice of skills.
Parking and Directions
- We recommend entering Deck C from Cloverdale Avenue, next to the emergency room.
- Drive to purple level M to the reserved parking spaces for the mammography clinic, these are reserved in the evening for The Birth Center class participants.
- Walk through breezeway, check-in at kiosk, and complete Covid-19 screening. When you are asked reason for arrival choose “other.” Make a right at the information desk and immediate left toward “Main Hospital.”
- Follow the signs to “The Birth Center”
- Once you enter the main hospital, make a right at “Fresh Inspirations Café.” The Birth Center classroom in on the right beside “The Mother’s Nursing Nook.”