Due to the nature of the course content, this class is offered in-person only.
This program covers the specifics of newborn care, including bathing, temperature-taking, newborn reflexes and behavior, common newborn appearances, diapering, swaddling, soothing, feeding techniques and more. Infant doll models are used to allow for a hands-on experience.
This class is offered both virtually with a live instructor and face-to-face. For virtual attendance, it is recommended that you have a baby doll or stuffed animal to allow for hands-on practice of skills.
Parking and Directions
- We recommend entering Deck C from Cloverdale Avenue, next to the emergency room.
- Drive to purple level M to the reserved parking spaces for the mammography clinic, these are reserved in the evening for The Birth Center class participants.
- Walk through breezeway, check-in at kiosk, and complete Covid-19 screening. When you are asked reason for arrival choose “other.” Make a right at the information desk and immediate left toward “Main Hospital.”
- Follow the signs to “The Birth Center”
- Once you enter the main hospital, make a right at “Fresh Inspirations Café.” The Birth Center classroom in on the right beside “The Mother’s Nursing Nook.”