The Mobile Health Clinic is a program to help meet the medical needs of people in the community. The program is a partnership between Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Mobile Health Clinic (MHC), a service of BestHealth For Business, several community-based organizations, and faith communities. The MHC provides medical, nursing, nutrition, cancer screenings, and health education services to both adults and teens who are uninsured in underserved communities.
Adults and teens who do not have health insurance can receive a wide range of services, including preventative care, care for minor illnesses, and management of chronic health conditions such as hypertension, diabetes and asthma. COVID-19 testing for people without health insurance who have symptoms of COVID-19 is also provided at no cost. Health education, nutrition coaching in partnership with the Winston Lake YMCA, no-cost lab services, and referrals to specialists will be provided, if needed.
To improve the health of the medically underserved communities in our region by providing premier, community-informed health care, and by providing appropriate access to health care services.
Partnering with communities to achieve healthy populations, one individual at a time.
- Forsyth County Health Department, who is providing in-kind support of a nutrition coach, STI screening and processing, PAP smear, and flu immunization support
- Love Out Loud, who is providing a volunteer recruitment platform, volunteers, and leadership coaching
- Northwest AHEC, who is offering financial support for medical provider curriculum development
- WSSU RAMS clinic with whom we co-direct a Mobile Clinic Advisory Council to coordinate and develop strategies around mobile clinic care in the community and share resources
- FaithHealth, who is providing in-kind support of a connector to help patients with food access
- YMCA REACH program is a health and wellness outreach program designed for individuals, families communities to connect resources, provide evidence-based health interventions and offer health and nutrition coaching to support people on their journey towards better health. COACH providers strive to recognize and respect individual differences to optimize each person's health and wellbeing.
All services provided are for adolescents and adults who do not have health insurance and include:
- Primary and preventive care for patients, including cancer screenings
- COVID-19 testing for those with symptoms
- Labs that assess primary care conditions
- Nutrition coaching in partnership with the YMCA Health Coach Program of the Winston Lake YMCA
- Prescriptions (Our program DOES NOT prescribe narcotics, opioids, or other controlled substances)
- Referrals to Health Care Access for access to ongoing primary care and specialty care services
- Referrals for mammograms