For those traveling abroad for leisure, work or study, the International Travel Clinic, an outpatient clinic of North Carolina Baptist Hospital, provides health information, medications and vaccinations to ensure safe and healthy travel overseas.
We also offer preventive and curative medicine in the fields of tropical medicine and infectious diseases, high altitude medicine, travel-related obstetrics, occupational health, military and migration medicine.
Preventive Health Services for the International Traveler
- Up-to-date country-specific information on health and safety risks
- Prevention and therapy of travelers' diarrhea
- Medication for malaria prevention
- Vaccinations for:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Tetanus, diphtheria and polio
- Measles, mumps and rubella
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Typhoid fever
- Yellow fever (WHO certificate)
- Japanese encephalitis
- Lists of English-speaking physicians practicing overseas
Please contact your pharmacist to verify that your prescription has been called into the pharmacy and is ready for you to
Please note the following restrictions regarding prescription refills:
- We do not refill prescriptions prescribed by other physicians
- We cannot refill pain medications after office hours or during the weekend
- If you haven’t been seen by our physician within the last 6 months, you must schedule a follow-up visit prior to prescription refill. We want to make sure that the medication is properly dosed and that your health hasn’t changed.