Conditions and Treatments
- Knee Arthroplasty
- Joint Replacement
- Acromioclavicular Dislocation Treatment
- Hip Arthroplasty (Posterior Approach)
- Carpal Tunnel Release
- Knee Arthroscopy
- Rotator Cuff Repair
- Acromioclavicular Joint Reconstruction
- Core Decompression
- Epicondyle Release
- Hammer Toe Repair
- Knee Manipulation
- Palmar Fasciectomy
- Percutaneous Fixation
- Shoulder Reconstruction
- Tendon Sheath Incision
- Ulnar Nerve Revision
- Shoulder Arthroscopy
- Knee Problems
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hip Fracture
- Achilles Tendon Injury
- Heel Spurs
- Avascular Necrosis
- Femoroacetabular Impingement (FAI)
- Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
- Shoulder Dislocation
- Shoulder Pain and Problems
- Stress Fracture
- Foot Drop
- Charcot Foot
- Ganglion Cyst
- Medial Malleolus
- Peroneal Nerve Palsy
- Tendon Injuries
- Dupuytren's Contracture
- Hand Injuries
- Shoulder (AC) Joint Separation
- Trigger Fingers
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Heel Pain
- Cubital Tunnel Release
- Fracture Management
- Hand Tenolysis
- Ligamentous and Muscle Debridement
- Nerve Neurolysis
- Patella Tendon Autograft
- Revision Median Nerve
- Subacromial Decompression
- Tendon Transfer Upper Extremity
- Upper Extremity Ligament/Tendon Repair
- Wrist Arthroscopy
- Hip Problems
- Hip Arthritis
- Ankle Sprain
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Elbow Ligament Injury
- Foot Pain
- Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
- Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
- Shoulder Tendonitis
- Claw Toes
- Lateral Malleolus
- Morton's Neuroma
- Peroneal Tendon Dysfunction
- Clavicle Problems
- Elbow Arthritis
- Hand Pain and Problems
- Rotator Cuff Arthritis
- Shoulder Arthritis
- Ulnar Collateral Ligament (UCL) Injury (Tommy John)
- Paget's Disease of the Bone
- Collateral Ligament Repair
- Dupuytren's Contracture Release
- Ganglion Cyst Excision
- Medial Meniscus Repair
- Nerve Transposition
- Pathologic Fracture Management
- Serial Casting
- Trigger Finger Release
- Shoulder Arthroplasty
- Elbow Arthroscopy
- Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Knee Arthritis
- Anterior Ankle Impingement (Footballer's Ankle)
- Ankle Ligament Tear
- Elbow Pain and Problems
- Frozen Shoulder
- Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome
- Shoulder Instability
- Sprains and Strains
- Peripheral Vascular Disease (PVD)
- Ankle Cartilage Tear
- Foot Fracture
- Ligament Injuries
- Chondral/Osteochondral Defect
- Posterior Tibial Tendon Dysfunction
- Cubital Tunnel Syndrome
- Finger Pain and Problems
- Nerve Injuries
- Scapular Dyskinesis
- Shoulder Tendon and Muscle Injuries
- Wrist Arthritis
- Impending Fractures
- Pathologic Fractures
Ratings and Reviews
308 Ratings 200 Comments
|Listened to me||5.0|
|Cared about me||5.0|
|Addressed my questions and concerns||5.0|
Within Atrium Health, we use survey results to better understand what is important to our patients and how we can improve healthcare experiences. The overall Patient Rating score comes from the questions on our Medallia Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a scale, where 0 represents "very poor" and 10 represents "very good.” Those scores are shown as 1 to 5 stars on the provider’s profile.
- March 12, 2023 Very professional and took time to explain my health problems
- March 12, 2023 Very knowledgeable and caring
- March 12, 2023 Dr kammire is the best
- March 11, 2023 He is caring and very knowledgeable.. the very best orthopedic Dr at Atrium as far as I am concerned.. he takes time to explain everything to you and gives you options…
- March 11, 2023 Dr. Kammire is always great. He takes my concerns seriously and listens.
- March 10, 2023 The genuine care and concern shown by Dr. Kammire is quite remarkable. What an asset to the medical profession. Thank you.
- March 10, 2023 Friendly. Engaging. Carefully explained procedure in such a manner as to qualm any fear s
- March 9, 2023 Dr. Kammire was referred to me by a former patient of his whom I trust completely. I came away from my visit with Dr. Kammire feeling that my neighbor was right about Dr. Kammire. He seemed to care about my condition. He explained risks. He was attentive and did not act as if he was in a hurry. He has a very calm demeanor and does not boast of his accomplishments. He clearly explained what he saw in my x-rays. I will be, literally, putting my knees in his hands.
- March 7, 2023 Dr. Kammire is an excellent doctor, caring and concerned for me
- March 4, 2023 Dr. Kammire is comforting, informative, and positive. Atrium Health WFB needs more providers like him. Very impressive!
- March 4, 2023 Professional, extremely pleasant and thorough! Actually cares about his patients!
- March 3, 2023 Dr Kammire is always concerned, caring, and relatable. He talks as a knowledgeable and respectful equal. He provides excellent service in both demeanor and professional skills. He is an exceptional physician in every way.
- March 2, 2023 Very professional doctor. Dr. Kammire takes the time to discuss your treatment without rushing thru your appointments.
- March 1, 2023 Dr. Kammire is the best doctor. He is very nice and concerned about your health. Made me feel great about my health and my age.
- February 28, 2023 Very smart doc. and great bed side manner. I have been a pt. of his around twenty or plus years
- February 27, 2023 Dr. Kammire is so knowledgeable and caring. He spoke to me like an adult, giving me great detail about my situation and care. He handled my injury well and got me back on my feet as quickly as possible.
- February 25, 2023 Dr. Kammire is an excellent surgeon and a compassionate person .
- February 24, 2023 Take Time to exam my knee and listen to my concerns
- February 20, 2023 Dr. Kammire, was such a pleasure to meet. He was knowledgeable, helpful and good at explaining. He spend time giving me all the options that could help my condition in the future. Definitely will be going back and working with him soon. Thank you Dr. Kammire.
- February 18, 2023 DR. KAMMIRE IS A GODSEND. HE HAS DONE MANY SURGERIES FOR ME. HE HAS HELPED ME THRU THE GOOD AND BAD.
- February 18, 2023 Dr. Kammire is an excellent surgeon and cares about his patients and their comfort.
- February 17, 2023 He is great!!! My husband and I have been seeing him for many years and surgeries!!!
- February 16, 2023 Great physician! Excellent bedside manner
- February 16, 2023 Dr Kammire showed concern for my problem and explained what was happening. He told me what he thought was going to have to be done. But, what really made me feel good is that he was going to go over my e-rays with some of the other Drs. in your practice. Not only does he seem like a good Dr but, just a good person overall. Just so friendly.
- February 15, 2023 A wonderful,( no great) doctor, who cares about his patients, family, community, and Wake Forest Baptist Hospital Lexington.
- February 15, 2023 He is one of best doctors that I've ever had. He's so personable and nice. He never rushes me, and he cares about my concerns. As much as I don't ever want to have any more surgery, if I must, I choose Dr. Kammire hands down.
- February 15, 2023 He is wonderful. Listens and answers all questions and concerns. Lets the patient know exactly what to expect. Great bed side manner and a very caring Doctor.
- February 14, 2023 He always takes his time to review my health and current health care plan. I never feel like he is rushing to see the next patient.
- February 11, 2023 Dr Kammire has explained all procedures to me in a way I could understand from my very first appointment to my final appointment. He has encouraged me through surgery, physical therapy and follow ups. My daughter in law is a physical therapist and she made the comment that if she had to have knee replacement Dr. Kammire would be her first...and only.. choice as a surgeon.
- February 11, 2023 I wish all my medical providers were this nice and professional!
- February 9, 2023 Dr. Kammire has always been very attentive, friendly and concerned when I see him. He is one of my favorite doctors.
- February 9, 2023 Dr. Kammire goes out of his way and is very committed to being the best. Very caring and compassionate.
- February 7, 2023 Dr. Kamire was considerate, understanding, well informed and helpful.
- February 1, 2023 Dr Kammire is very personable, approachable and professional. The depth and breadth of his knowledge is incredible
- February 1, 2023 Dr.Kammire was very knowledgeable and thorough when explaining my ankle fracture and the steps we need to take in order to get it back in working order and healed properly. A pleasure to have as my doctor!
- February 1, 2023 Dr. Kammire is very caring and capable. Regard him as best in his field.
- January 31, 2023 Excellent compassionate Physician
- January 29, 2023 ?? keep doing what you're doing great job and the doctor visit was like visiting a friend.
- January 28, 2023 Most caring knowledge doctor I’ve had!
- January 26, 2023 Dr.Kammire, His skills as an Ochopatic doctor is magnificent. And you will never find a more caring doctor.
- January 26, 2023 Gordon Kammire is awesome! He is so caring, understanding, gentle, and kind.
- January 20, 2023 Super caring doctor. Gave great advice. Highly recommend.
- January 19, 2023 Dr Kammire very kind he listened to me and was great with my care wish more Drs were Thank you
- January 17, 2023 I am very pleased with the service I received......no complaints at all!
- January 16, 2023 I was lucky to have a highly skilled surgeon.
- January 14, 2023 I've been a patient of Dr. Kammire for 30+ years and trust him completely. Frankly he's the best doctor I see. I consider him a friend.
- January 13, 2023 knew how to communicate with me in common language..
- January 11, 2023 Dr. Kammire is so knowledgeable and caring. He didn't come in and jump right on the computer to run down a checklist. He listens and included me in decisions. He knows how to get great results and helped me heal. I highly recommend him.
- January 9, 2023 He is a very good doctor that explains your problem in a down to earth manner.
- January 9, 2023 One of the most caring professionals ever!
- January 9, 2023 Dr. Kammire is awesome to have as a surgeon. He is caring and provides the best ear of many doctors I have seen over my years. He explained each concern and question in terms I could understand. I had both total hip replacements in the same year and it has been life changing. I would have him look at any other issues I would have.
- January 9, 2023 He awesome. Down to earth. Funny caring. And the list goes on.
- January 4, 2023 Dr. Kammire is a excellent Dr. He has treated myself and other family members for several years now and I would recommend anyone to see him.
- January 4, 2023 He is the best. Dr. Kammire is the most informative, caring, friendly doctor that I have ever seen. I would not hesitate to tell people to go to him. A wonderful person!
- December 27, 2022 Care patient
- December 27, 2022 Dr. Kammire has been my doctor for quite a few years and is always concerned about my health.
- December 24, 2022 I love my doctor because he listens to me and addresses the problem in a timely manner. He is always friendly and encouraging. He treats me like a person instead of just a number.
- December 23, 2022 DR. KAMMIRE HAS DONE MANY SURGERIES ON ME OVER THE YEARS. HE IS VERY PROFESSIONAL AND LISTENS TO MY PROBLEMS. I HAVE KNOWN HIM FOR SO MANY YEARS HE FEELS LIKE A FRIEND THAT I CAN TRUST. HE IS MY FAVORITE DR. GOD BLESS YOU DR. KAMMIRE AND STAFF!
- December 22, 2022 Caring
- December 21, 2022 Shows true concern for his patients.
- December 21, 2022 Had to wait to get appointment several months
- December 20, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a caring and knowledgeable professional who takes the time to explain everything and answer all questions. He is amazing!
- December 20, 2022 Dr. Kammire cares about everyone. He goes out of his way to be helpful and be always has time to listen to your concerns and questions.
- December 18, 2022 Knowledge, patience,
- December 18, 2022 Friendly staff who takes great care of you. Clean hospital. Very impressed.
- December 17, 2022 Dr. Kammire is truly one-of-a-kind. He listens, he explains, he cares. Other doctors could learn volumes from him.
- December 16, 2022 Very caring and passionate, totally knowledgeable of his profession
- December 15, 2022 I wouldn't trade him for the world. He knows what he's doing, he gets great results, he he cares about his patience, and he's on point with everything. I never have to wait long for him, and he's always Pleasant and concerned about my healing!
- December 14, 2022 great doctor
- December 12, 2022 Dr. Gordon Kammire is an exceptional individual. Rarely do you find a surgeon with such a caring, compassionate attitude. His surgical care is second to none.
- December 10, 2022 I think Dr. Kammire is a very knowledgeable doctor who truly cares about his patients.
- December 9, 2022 Most caring and concerned doctor ever
- December 9, 2022 He's very carding knows his stuff.
- December 9, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a very caring physician as well as being an excellent surgeon. He cares for his patients and loves what he does.
- December 8, 2022 The best , thorough. Lexington is lucky to have him.
- November 30, 2022 I have found Dr. Kammire always willing to engage me in conversation, asking me about my knees and progress since my last visit. and we do all this while discussing the world's problems and solving them all at the same!! (Just Kidding). But he is a great doctor and I like him very much!!
- November 30, 2022 Dr. Kammire is my favorite Doctor ever! He listens and not only cares about your orthopedic needs but about your overall health and wellbeing. If I could I would have him as my PCP. He is so relatable and down to earth. Treats me like a family member??????
- November 29, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a caring doctor. He listened to my concerns and took the action needed to help with my issues quickly. There was an issue with my insurance and he not only had his staff help me, but when they needed more information, Dr. Kammire got on the phone with them himself to explain the need. I couldn't ask for a better physician.
- November 29, 2022 Dr Kammire is the best doctor I have ever had. He is so caring I feel very comfortable with him being my doctor
- November 29, 2022 Dr. Kammire has been my doctor for about 30 years plus. He is an excellent physician because he cares about his patients. He takes the time to explain all procedures and has time to your answer your questions and concerns. I??m always at ease because I know I??m in good hands.
- November 24, 2022 Words cannot express how wonderful and caring Dr Kammire is. I could give him 1000 instead of the rating of 10.
- November 6, 2022 He's very effective at treating my condition
- November 5, 2022 Great Doctor. On a scale of 1 to 10, I would give him a 12
- November 5, 2022 Dr Kammire was very friendly, very easy to talk to, and explained my condition and treatment in detail. I have complete confidence in him. I think he is the best doctor to take care of my problem.
- November 5, 2022 Dr. Kammire explains each procedure and allows me to feel good about my choices. He is very understanding and just tells it like it is. I am more than 80 years old and always leave his office with a feeling of hope and improvement! So far so good.
- November 5, 2022 Gordon Kammire is an excellent doctor who genuinely and properly cares for his patients.
- November 4, 2022 I have known Dr. Kammire for many years and he has always been the best for me and my husband. No one can match the great care and concern he always provides to us.
- November 4, 2022 Very friendly. Listened to me without the feeling of being rushed. Cared about what I had to say. We both reviewed x rays given by another orthopedic team. Was very informative.
- November 3, 2022 DR. KAMMIRE HAS DONE MANY SURGERIES FOR ME OVER THE YEARS. THEY HAVE ALL TURNED OUT GOOD! HE ALWAYS EXPLAINS TO ME WHAT HE HAS DONE. THEN HE TELLS ME WHAT I NEED TO DO FOR HOME CARE. GOD BLESS YOU ALL, DR. KAMMIRE AND STAFF!
- November 2, 2022 Dr Kammire cares about what you have to say he listens to your concerns. He doesn't rush thru the visit. I believe he genuinely cares about his patients and that's rare these days.
- November 1, 2022 Professional, considerate, sincere and caring about your overall health. Down to earth and easy to talk to. Informative and salt of the earth kind of people. He's done several surgeries on me and all my results were excellent. A brand new person I am.
- November 1, 2022 Dr Kammire is very caring and personable. I feel very confident in his skill set. He is knowledgeable and no nonsense. Additionally, he explains everything so I can understand. Wonderful medical professional!
- October 28, 2022 Kind spirit, very patient, Timely, Pleasant, experienced, exhibits confidence due to background and accomplishments. I feel safe with him knowing that he's going to do what's best for me as an individual patient with needs. I was well satisfied with my appointment!????
- October 28, 2022 He cares
- October 27, 2022 Dr.Kammire is a great doctor. He has a wonderful personality and he cares so much about his patients. He takes time to listen to their concerns and questions, with ease. He always assures you that everything will be well. If a problem arises later, he takes care of it immediately.
- October 26, 2022 Dr. KMMIRE IS NOT ONLY A HIGHLY SKILLED PROFESSIONAL, HE IS A VERY CARING MAN WHO TOOK A LOT OF TIME TO WALK ME THROUGH MY XRAYS, HIGHLIGHTING THE GOOD THINGS AND THE AREAS OF CONCERN. HE THEN SET UP A TREATMENT PROGRAM TO RESOLVE MY PROBLEM.
- October 26, 2022 The very best a blessing to have him as my doctor
- October 23, 2022 Dr. Kammire did a great job with my surgery, he has done both total knee replacements exactly 1 year appart. I can't imagine things going any smother. He took time to check on me twice each day post surgery. His staff was very knowledgeable and helpful. Thank you Sir!
- October 23, 2022 Even though I have moved 2 hours away from Lexington, I have and will continue to travel to receive care from Dr. K. Unfortunately all Dr's are not in this business for the right reasons. Dr. K is very educated, skilled and caring. Post surgery folllow-up is amazing.
- October 22, 2022 Very personable and caring
- October 22, 2022 Dr. Kammire is the best Ortho doctor.
- October 21, 2022 He treated me with great respect and care. He explained everything. He even personally took the time to make sure I got a test I needed. He is the best!
- October 14, 2022 Dr Kammire is the best doctor I have ever had. He is caring and compassionate. Easy to talk to, I feel very comfortable with him and feel he is very knowledgeable in his work.
- October 11, 2022 Great Guy and Doctor! guy
- October 5, 2022 He is by far one of the nicest doctors that I've encountered. He does both of my knees, and I wouldn't have wanted it to he any other doctor. I live in Winston but I don't mind driving to Lexington to see him. He is never in a hurry, and he has never rushed me. He always ask if I need anything, and even if I don't, he'll say just let me know. He's just an all around nice man and great physician.
- October 1, 2022 Out of 1 to 10, Dr Kammire should be a "12"
- October 1, 2022 Dr. Kammire, as well as Dr. Riggan, (we have seen both on numerous occasions) do not give the patient a "hurried" feeling, are very caring and personable. We feel these are valuable attributes in today's saga of medicine.
- September 26, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a very genuine, and caring doctor. He takes time to talk with you and explain things in layman's terms. He makes you feel like you are the only patient he has.
- September 21, 2022 He??s resolved a number of issues for me over 2 and a half years. He??s the best
- September 20, 2022 Dr. Kammire??s genuine care, concern, and knowledge is very much appreciated and comforting. He explains what is going on so that it is understandable and answers all questions. X-rays are analyzed and explained. He??s amazing! Take care of him!!
- September 19, 2022 Very knowledgeable and caring about my condition
- September 18, 2022 Dr. Kammire is an excellent surgeon and takes care of you at every stage of your recovery. He listens and understands your questions. He encourages your progress in returning to regular activities.
- September 18, 2022 Dr. Kammire is the most awesome doctor. He has worked on 2 thumbs and replace 2 knees. He listens and takes the time to answer you.
- September 13, 2022 He didn't warn me about the survey. Lol. And he doesn't need to worry about surveys because he is awesome. The man doesn't need a survey. Neither does Lexington orthopedics. They should fire survey people. And use the money to buy me a nice dinner. Lol
- September 8, 2022 Dr. Kammire is one of the best doctors, his kindness and caring attitude alone is wonderful. He doesn't ignore me or my request. He's very respectful and understanding.
- September 8, 2022 DrKammire is a very caring person and very informative.
- September 6, 2022 Dr Kammire is like a friend to me instead of a Doctor
- September 3, 2022 Dr. Kammire is an outstanding physician as well as being very personable. He is a one-of-kind doctor!
- September 2, 2022 Dr Kammire is rare he cares about my safety and his confidence I. His work creates Trust that??s a huge factor in todays life I Trust Dr Gordon Kammire ..
- September 1, 2022 A trusted, skilled physician with an exemplary bedside manner and communicator, who I consider a friend.
- September 1, 2022 The best Dr. I have ever been to. He is always friendly and professional. He takes time to answer any questions I have and explains all procedures so that it is easy to understand. I wish I could use him for my Primary Care Physician.
- August 26, 2022 Love Dr. Kammire! So caring, listens well and seems genuinely concerned about my issues. He also spends an ample amount of time with me, never rushes. He always explains things in a way I understand, even when it comes to reading an MRI, he makes sure you understand. Again, LOVE HIM!!
- August 21, 2022 Superstar
- August 19, 2022 DR. KAMMIRE HAS DONE MANY SURGERIES FOR ME. HE IS THE BEST DR.
- August 19, 2022 This is the fourth time Dr. Kammire has operated on me (all different procedures). Every one a success. THANKS!
- August 19, 2022 Dr Kammire Is great. I would give him a 12 if I could
- August 17, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a caring, friendly doctor. He is professional but treats his patients like family. Easy to talk with and explains patient??s condition in a understanding way. Would highly recommend Dr. Kammire to anyone.
- August 16, 2022 VERY CARING AND RESPECTFUL TO HIS PATIENTS. EXPLAINS THINGS WELL AND MAKE YOU FEEL AT EASE. HELPFUL IN EXPLAINING YOUR OPTIONS
- August 13, 2022 Excellent!!!!!
- August 12, 2022 He actually takes the time to listen to what you have to say and he is very thorough in explaining everything Him & JR have always been the very best
- August 11, 2022 Dr. Kammire is the best orthopedic physician there is. He is concerned about his patients and treats them as though they were his own family. I really hate to see the day that he decides to retire.
- August 5, 2022 He listened to everything I asked. I made a note of my questions which he read and responded to each one and explained how to accomplish the task. Very nice to my granddaughter that has been with me from the beginning. He actually thanked her for taking such good care of grandma. She is 9 and did a great job.
- August 4, 2022 He is knowledgeable, kind, compassionate and he treats his patients like intelligent human beings.
- August 4, 2022 Friendly, professional, witty. Doctor Kammire is wonderful.
- August 4, 2022 Dr.Kammire was concerned with my well-being and answered all my questions. He was also able to explain all future procedures in a way that I could completely understand.
- August 4, 2022 He is a super great doctor! He seems to genuinely care about his patients and pays attention to what they tell him. He has never came across as one of those doctors that has the attitude of ???I??m the doctor, you??re the patient, and I know more than you and you know nothing?? types. I??m seriously hoping to have him do my carpal tunnel surgery.
- July 30, 2022 Great doctor
- July 27, 2022 Dr Kammire is the best. He really cares about his patients
- July 26, 2022 Dr. kammire is the ultimate, professional physician. He is very knowledgeable and caring.
- July 26, 2022 He is a great caring doctor which is very rare these days.
- July 25, 2022 Listened to all my concerns. Very informative to my condition.
- July 20, 2022 Absolutely the best!
- July 7, 2022 Dr. Kammire is an excellent doctor. He??s performed several surgeries on me and I??ve always had excellent recoveries. Dr. Kammire is a very caring and compassionate person. He always listens to his patients, and helps them to get the best care so they can live a normal and healthy life. In my opinion there??s none no better.
- July 7, 2022 Very caring about my condition
- July 3, 2022 Five star
- June 29, 2022 Appreciated the time he spent listening & talking to me
- June 27, 2022 Very helpful and informative in terms I could easily understand. He is just a great guy as well as a great doctor.
- June 14, 2022 Dr Kammire has ALWAYS TAKEN GREAT CARE OF ME. Words can not come close to describing how much I trust him??? His compassion and care for patients is second to none.. I am very fortunate to have him as my Ortho doctor..
- June 13, 2022 I HAVE ALWAYS LOVED GOING TO DR. KAMMIRE! HE LISTENS TO MY PROBLEM AND HELPS ME WITH THE BEST PATIENT CARE! HE IS MY FAVORITE DR.! GOD BLESS YOU SIR!
- June 13, 2022 The greatest doctor and staff there is !!
- June 11, 2022 Dr Kammire made me feel at ease with his professionalism he LISTENED to my concerns and Addressed them from start to Finish . I Felt like I mattered to him and he really wanted to help me get out of pain . Dr Kammire is the Best in my Opinion .. I Will Recommend Dr Kammire through my Network..
- June 4, 2022 He was as amazing as his reviews stated! Love that I decided to go and am having my daughter make an appointment to a team that Listens and cares… not disappointed in the slightest…??
- May 30, 2022 Very caring!
- May 29, 2022 This office is exceptional! I was very pleased!
- May 28, 2022 I would recommend Dr. Kammire to anyone needing orthopedic care. His bedside manner is impeccable.
- May 28, 2022 Excellent provider. !!!!!
- May 23, 2022 Very nice personality.
- May 22, 2022 The most caring Dr ever! I??ve been his patient for over 25 years. Very professional !
- May 20, 2022 Dr Kammire is so caring. He makes you feel special.
- May 18, 2022 I would give Dr Kammire a 12 if I could. He is a great Doctor, and he takes time to listen to you. This is very important to me.
- May 14, 2022 Addresses all questions and concerns. Made sure I understood expectations, and encouraged me not to try to overachieve due to a set back I had with PT.
- May 14, 2022 He is a great doctor. He is very caring and listens. He is the only orthopedic doctor I see.
- May 13, 2022 Dr. Kammire was very reassuring to me at the time of the surgery and post surgery. He is very encouraging, cares about his patients and I would very highly recommend him to anyone needing an orthopedic procedure.
- May 13, 2022 I shared comments about deep appreciation in an earlier question on this survey. He is absolutely THE BEST. I wish all of our health care providers were like Dr. Kammire. Even better would be if he could be our only care provider, as he is excellent in his area of expertise, but he cares about us as whole persons, not just the patients with the knees, hips or shoulders issues. To be both brilliant in one's field of medicine, and to be truly compassionate and relational physician is a rare quality, indeed, these days!
- May 9, 2022 Very nice and thoughtful Doctor
- May 6, 2022 The best doctor and the most caring doctor I have ever visited!!
- May 4, 2022 Excellent job me , explained every to me very satisfied.
- May 4, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a great doctor. He??s very compassionate about his patients, he listens to their concerns, and gives them the best plan of treatment for their problems. Be sure to take his advice as to what you should do at home to make your recovery go as smooth as possible.
- May 3, 2022 Love Dr Kammire we go a long way back. He still have work to do on me. If it wasn't for Dr Kammire I probably won't be here to day. I was very sick and didn't know it .I just thank God for Dr Kammire and that he know be and took very good care of me.
- May 2, 2022 Dr Kammire??s deep knowledge base and sincere care come through clearly in every visit. It??s incredible that a provider who is so experienced still has such enthusiasm for the techniques and strategies available to improve patient??s concerns
- May 1, 2022 I wanted a second opinion and he had looked at all my scans and X-rays and agreed with everything my other Orthopedic doctor had told me so I liked him a lot
- April 30, 2022 Dr Gordon Kammire is the best he has done rotary cup surgery for me and always concerned about My health he is the best
- April 29, 2022 Dr. Kammire did an awesome job with my knee replacements. I would highly recommend him and his team to anyone needing knee surgery. Top notch
- April 29, 2022 I had an excellent experience with Dr Kammire.
- April 28, 2022 Dr. Kammire has the best technical skills. Knee injections are a breeze. I get immediate relief, even before I leave the office. He is a wonderful, wonderful human being. I am truly blessed to have him as my physician.
- April 25, 2022 Dr, Kammire is a very understanding man. He takes his time to listen and treat his patients. He is likeable, I have only good things to say about him.
- April 20, 2022 He is so kind and gentle, I feel like I am in the best care. Dr Kammire explains things really well. Very knowledgeable and professional. I have the utmost faith in him as a surgeon!!!!
- April 19, 2022 Has a great bed side manner! He is friendly, knowledgeable, caring and gentle. I hope he never retires.
- April 18, 2022 I loved his care and concern for me. He went over every detail of my issue with me and that was so helpful. He took every precaution to ensure the injections he gave me were as painless as possible. I??m so glad I found him to assist me with this health problem.
- April 17, 2022 He is always concerned about my specific orthopedic issues
- April 16, 2022 Excellent provider!
- April 15, 2022 Let me start by saying that I rarely give perfect marks since there is always room for improvement. Dr. Kammire??s reputation preceded him, I??ve heard good things about him. He??s attentive to the patient??s problem and explains things in a way anyone can understand.
- April 13, 2022 Absolutely amazing Dr. Who truly listens and cares about his patience. I drove 2 hrs just to make sure Dr. Kammire or Dr. Shepard could see me for my new injuries. I highly recommend either of them for your Ortho needs.
- April 12, 2022 Dr. Kammire always addresses any concerns with explanations of why different symptoms are occuring after surgery.
- April 10, 2022 Thank God for Dr. Kammire. Best health care anywhere.
- April 8, 2022 Dr Kammire and his nursing team allow the time necessary to answer all of my questions and concerns. As expected, the scheduled visit showed that everything is healing well and I feel confident in the next steps of the recovery process. Dr Kammire and his team are excellent medical providers!
- April 7, 2022 Kammire is very concern about his patients and carring He does an excellent job at what he does
- April 5, 2022 Dr Kammire is very professional very good listener, makes sure you understand all about your treatment, makes feel at ease with every step of treatment from diagnosis to
- April 2, 2022 Doctor Kammire has all my trust in all the visits to the office and to his recommendations for injuries I have had in the past and present and handled my surgeries with kindness and compassion and professionalism that I am so thankful for all he has done for me .
- April 2, 2022 Professionally, Dr. Kammire is the best. I have nothing but the highest praise for his caring attitude and taking the time needed to cover all my concerns.
- April 2, 2022 Very good doctor and surgeon that has operated on me 5 times. Very respectful and cares about his patients.
- April 1, 2022 Dr. Kammire was friendly and attentive. After sharing my concerns, he did a thorough examination of the area, then an x-ray. Very soon, it was available for review and after returning to the exam room, we looked at it together. His explanation was interesting, as well as understandable. Thanks Dr. Kammire!
- March 31, 2022 Dr Kammire is simply great. Pretty much everything you could hope for in an orthopedist.
- March 30, 2022 Dr Kammire first operated on me in September of 2012 and since the has replaced both my knees. Couldn't have asked for anyone better! Thanks Dr Kammire! I will soon be having my right hip replaced. No question who is going to do it!!!
- March 29, 2022 Very helpful, knew what my feelings were and explained the process of what we can do for my situation.
- March 29, 2022 Great Doctor!
- March 26, 2022 Dr. Kammire is a master of his profession. His ability to diagnose and treat is outstanding. We are fortunate to have him in our area.
- March 23, 2022 Give credit to the procedure nurse that called me ahead of the visit to tell me my insurance approved my injections and shared what it would cost.
- March 19, 2022 Dr. K is as good as they come.
- March 17, 2022 Dr Kammire consistently exceeds my expectations. He is the most knowledgeable, kind and thorough medical professional I have ever encountered. It is a delight to work with him every step of the way.
510 Emergency Drive
Lexington, NC 27292Get Directions
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 8 am - 5 pm
300 Emergency Drive
Lexington, NC 27292Get Directions
- MD, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, 1983
- Orthopedic Surgery, Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, 1988
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, Orthopaedic Surgery
- Assistant Professor, Orthopaedic Surgery
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC -Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
Wake Forest Baptist Health Managed Care/MA Contracts - January2022
AETNA CONNECTED ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
AETNA (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
AETNA MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
AETNA WHOLE HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
ALIGNMENT HEALTHCARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes (not applicable to services provided at High Point)
AMBETTER OF NC: Accepted at all locations
AMERIHEALTH CARITAS NEXT ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
APEX MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
BCBSNC (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
BCBS HIGH PERFORMANCE (NATIONAL NETWORK): Accepted at all locations
BLUE LOCAL (WFBH INDIVIDUAL & WFBH X_Group): Accepted at all locations
BLUE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
BLUE VALUE: Accepted at all locations
CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
CIGNA: Accepted at all locations
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at NCBH and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes)
CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Wilkes)
CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
COVENTRY/WELLPATH: Accepted at all locations
CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
DEVOTED HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
DIRECT NET: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not contracted, very low to no volume for CHC)
FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC): Accepted at NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for WFUHS, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED): Accepted at all locations
HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and LMC (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
HEALTHTEAM ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA CHOICECARE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
MEDCOST: Accepted at all locations
MEDCOST ULTRA: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not applicable at CHC)
OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC: Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie and CHC (not contracted, very low to no volume for LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC and Wilkes)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS (not applicable for services provided at NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED HEALTHCARE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE ESSENTIALS ACA/EXCHANGE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
VA CCN: Accepted at all locations
WELLCARE: Accepted at all locations
WELLPATH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC