Ratings and Reviews
577 Ratings 233 Comments
|Listened to me||4.9|
|Clearly explained my problem or condition||4.8|
|Addressed my questions and concerns||4.9|
|Clearly explained my treatment and follow up instructions||4.9|
Within Atrium Health, we use survey results to better understand what is important to our patients and how we can improve healthcare experiences. The overall Patient Rating score comes from the questions on our Medallia Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a scale, where 0 represents "very poor" and 10 represents "very good.” Those scores are shown as 1 to 5 stars on the provider’s profile.
- June 6, 2023 He’s been my doctor for years and he’s great at explaining
- June 3, 2023 Great doctor.
- June 3, 2023 I love his compassion and how much time he takes to answer all questions.
- June 2, 2023 I really like David Shelburne.He always is careful to listen to me and ask questions.
- June 2, 2023 He's probably the best Dr. I've had, and I hope to keep working with him to improve my health status in the years to come.
- May 31, 2023 Dr Shelburne is one of the best. He is compassionate, understanding, caring and concerned. He has been my doctor for several years and I have been completely satisfied with him.
- May 24, 2023 This video appt was to follow up from a previous appt. It started late and yes he did apologize. We discussed the necessary changes needed. When I went to pick up RX it hadn't been called in. When I sent message on MY Chart Amanda answered and had no clue what I was speaking of. When asked to make sure Dr Shelbourne got my message I was informed he will be out until next week. Leaving me without an updated prescription for at least 2 weeks. Disappointed I am.
- May 22, 2023 Dr. Shelburne always hears out all my problems and thoughtfully recommends a couple of possible treatment options. We then make an informed decision together, including any last minute changes which may pop up during discussion.
- May 20, 2023 David is a fine Doctor and listens to my concerns and explains in a manner I can understand. He has been my healthcare provider for several years now and I plan to continue seeing him.
- May 19, 2023 Dr Shelburne is one of the friendliest physicians I’ve ever met. He is very thorough and efficient. I hope he stays until retirement!
- May 16, 2023 Dr.Shelburne listens to my health concerns and helps me to take ownership of treating my chronic conditions. He is always realistic about treatment options and helps me weigh the advantages and disadvantages of various choices whenever there is a choice to be made.
- May 12, 2023 the best
- May 12, 2023 Thank-you (again) for helping me with my seemingly unending health challenges.
- May 10, 2023 It was my first visit and I was extremely impressed with Dr Shelburne. He was pleasant, attentive, knowledgeable, and welcoming. I’m delighted to be a new patient in his practice and feel that my healthcare is in good hands.
- May 4, 2023 I’ll keep him as my doctor
- May 2, 2023 Dr. Shelburne listens to my medical questions and responds with clarifying answers, suggests solutions and alternatives, supports my decisions…all around great doc.
- May 1, 2023 Dr Shelburne takes time with his patients.
- April 30, 2023 David is extremely friendly and listens to the concerns of his patients and addresses those concerns ASAP
- April 28, 2023 Dr Shelburne and his staff always treat me with the utmost respect and curiosity they care about my health and well being
- April 27, 2023 Good doctor. Good person
- April 27, 2023 Super! Could not want any other
- April 25, 2023 First time I have used this featured. Very time saving and effective. Will opt to do more.
- April 23, 2023 I like him. He is personal and shows concern
- April 22, 2023 Great listening, communication and clinical skills.
- April 20, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is a very caring man. He takes the time to listen to you, explains what he thinks can help you and what any follow up may be.
- April 17, 2023 He takes the time to listen and it is a comfort in these always changing times to see a familiar care provider
- April 16, 2023 Outstanding care. Dr. Shelburne is attentive, knowledgeable, and thoughtful. Best doctor ever.
- April 16, 2023 Always friendly, listens to me, willing to refer if issue isn't being resolved
- April 16, 2023 Him is one of the nicest and very caring Doctor I have ever had. He really makes me comfortable and relaxed whenever I see him.
- April 11, 2023 Dr Shelburne understands explains things. excellent team
- April 6, 2023 Great doctor,that’s all that needs to be said.
- April 2, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is very pleasant, knowledgeable and is a great doctor.
- March 29, 2023 He is clear and consice, always asks questions and shows concern for my wellbeing. Very efficient and helpfull
- March 29, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is the best PCP. I trust him to care for my whole family.
- March 28, 2023 Very much concerned about my total health
- March 26, 2023 Dr Shelburne is a great doctor he always takes time to explain my problems and what to do about them.
- March 22, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is a wonderful doctor. Dr. Shelburne is very attentive to my needs and takes time to review my health and prescribe the proper care.
- March 22, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is very caring with his patients and takes the time to sort out what may be causing the problem that brought the patient in. . . a very sincere caring doctor when so many are not.
- March 21, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is one of the most caring and concerned doctors we have ever had
- March 21, 2023 Dr. Shelburne made me very relaxed enough so I was able to communicate my health concerns. It was my first time with that Type of visit and more pleasant in my home enviourment.
- March 18, 2023 Dr Shelburne demonstrated the best qualities of a physician with much expertise, appropriate humor..,his team at Wake Family Medicine complimented him with promptness, kindness, and desire to assist me during my hour-long visit.
- March 16, 2023 He’s the best at listening and giving you the best treatment based on your questions or concerns
- March 14, 2023 he is just great
- March 14, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is outstanding. He takes tremendous care and really appreciate having such an amazing doctor. Thank you for all that you do.
- March 11, 2023 Dr Shelburne been my Dr for many years. He also see my family. He is caring and professional with his work. He is concern about my health. I feel very confident when I ask him questions about my health.
- March 11, 2023 Very kind , caring and concerned .
- March 8, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is very attentive, helpful, and concerned. Also, very knowledge.
- March 7, 2023 Dr Shelburne is the absolute best. He is always professional and courteous. We always leave with satisfaction.
- March 7, 2023 Excellent service
- March 7, 2023 He's friendly and talks to me like an adult instead of talking down to me. Uses humor to put me at ease.
- March 4, 2023 A very good doctor
- March 4, 2023 Very thorough and a good listener. Together we diagnosed my health problem and a prescription was written.
- March 4, 2023 Best doctor ever! Both me and my son see Dr Shelburne and he goes above and beyond to make sure we are healthy and well taken care of!
- March 3, 2023 Listens and helps find a solution
- March 3, 2023 He actually listens to us. I like that he is not an alarmist but will do what he feels necessary. If I email him he or his office will respond fairly quickly. We love him.
- March 1, 2023 Dr. Shellburne has always been concerned about anything that concerned my health issues and he and his nurses have always been there for me even when I called on the phone for immediate concerns.
- February 26, 2023 easy to talk with
- February 26, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is amazing. He always sits with me and completely focuses on what I am saying. He never appears rushed or acts like I am just a number. He truly cares for his patients and it definitely shows. I am happy that I chose him as my PCP.
- February 25, 2023 Excellent PCP! Always feel he has reviewed my previous visits to determine my health questions needs today.
- February 23, 2023 He was very knowledgeable and listened to me. Let me explain my symptoms then advised me on my treatment.
- February 21, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is always attentive, genuinely inquisitive, and thorough in evaluating my concerns. He walks me through his thought process, gives appropriate options, and makes sure I'm comfortable with my care plan. He is easily reachable in the MyChart app, and responds with an interpretation of the test results rather than just releasing them to me to decipher on my own. He is a fantastic doctor, and a kind person.
- February 21, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is a great family doctor. He takes the time to listen and he makes eye contact rather than looking at the screen and typing the whole time. He knows me and my medical history, so I trust his recommendations and health guidance!
- February 19, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is wonderful.
- February 17, 2023 He is smart, relational, and great communicator
- February 17, 2023 Dr. Shelburne offers outstanding care. His friendly, informed, and intelligent attention has made a tremendous difference in my wellness journey and quality of life. He is the best doctor I’ve ever had.
- February 15, 2023 Very professional, caring, understanding, thorough.
- February 15, 2023 Dr Shelburne and his staff are wonderful.
- February 15, 2023 He has checked my labs and contacted me with results, I needed that.
- February 14, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is professional, courteous, friendly, and assesses patients well
- February 14, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is a fantastic doctor who listens, hones in on the issues and make excellent recommendations. The office is super efficient and sympathetic to all patients.
- February 11, 2023 He is a doctor who actually listens to what you are saying and asking. He genuinely cares for his patients. Always willing to find a solution for your concerns.
- February 10, 2023 Building a long rapport is essential to receiving quality care. I have been a patient of his since April of 2013. We know that we can trust each other to do what is right. I wouldn't want to see a different doctor.
- February 9, 2023 Always confident that Dr. Shelburne's approach is thorough and decisive. Trust him immensely.
- February 7, 2023 David is a caring and knowledgeable practitioner.
- February 4, 2023 Dr. Shelburne always walks in the room with a smile. . .and that always puts me at ease.
- February 3, 2023 Dr. Shelburne goes above and beyond to make you feel at ease and taken care of. He is a remarkable Doctor!
- February 2, 2023 Thank you for always being there for me and also always thinking of the best ways to help me with any problem or concern I may have with my health.
- February 1, 2023 Dr Shelburne is always professional but has a wonderful personality/bedside manner. He always makes me feel heard and is very personable.
- January 29, 2023 Very good Doctor, concerned and listened to my problem.
- January 27, 2023 As a (long ago) retired physician I very much appreciate Dr. Shelburne's medical reflections and his relaxed and respectful style of listening and communicating
- January 25, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is always so caring and compassionate. I deeply appreciate his thoroughness and willingness to always listen so carefully.
- January 25, 2023 We love Dr. Shelburne. He is a very caring and genuine doctor.
- January 20, 2023 he was good i like him
- January 20, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is an amazing MD. He TRULY cares about healing you and keeping you healthy moving forward. I had an eight week kidney stone horror of ER visits and two surgery’s and Dr. Shelburne has helped me to insure it doesn’t happen again moving forward.
- January 18, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is a rare gem - he truly listens and really cares! His team is also very efficient and friendly. I look forward to my annual physical with him.
- January 17, 2023 Dr Shelburne is always prompt about following up with his patients.
- January 12, 2023 Attentive, pleasant, intelligent care. Dr. Shelburne is outstanding.
- January 11, 2023 He is very respectful and kind and professional. Thank you
- January 11, 2023 Knowledgeable & caring.
- January 9, 2023 We have developed a great relationship over the years I have been seeing him. No problem is too small for him to address. He is very knowledgeable and communicates thoroughly and in easy to understand terms.
- January 9, 2023 Dr shelbourne was not able to assist me with my concerns and was not able to point me in a clear direction . The ED advised me to set the follow up appointment with her PCP but he was short and answered with im not a neurologist. I had several concerns and questions but was not provided any answers or information
- January 6, 2023 He was very helpful..explained why older women have frequent UTI..gave me all the time I needed to explain how UTI happens..he made my appointment comfortably and easy. Completely satisfied!
- January 5, 2023 Dr. Shelburne is the kind of doctor I've been looking for for years. He listens, provides feedback, and works collaboratively toward my personal health goals.
- December 30, 2022 Dr Shelburne is a wonderful physician. Very personable. Explains all procedures and treatments very well. Easy to understand. Has a wonderful bedside manner.
- December 30, 2022 Dr. Shelburne listens carefully and knows his individual patients and works hard to address their individual needs. And, he never acts rushed.
- December 27, 2022 He's always on time and always give us great feed back on any questions asked. Always listen to our concerns and he cares about his patient well being.
- December 20, 2022 Dr.Shelbure listens and is helpful and caring.
- December 20, 2022 Dr. Shelborne listened to my concerns and provided excellent patient centered care.
- December 19, 2022 Dr David Shelburne, MD is a wonderful doctor! He listens to you and is straight forward with you! He does not rush you and explains everything to you in a way that you understand it!
- December 16, 2022 The best family doctor by far.
- December 13, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is the best PCP we have had. I trust him to care for my whole family.
- December 13, 2022 I appreciate good bedside manners He always listens and his recommendations are always accurate
- December 12, 2022 Dr. Shelburne has a great bedside manner. He is well schooled in the field of medicine. He listens,explains and then makes sure you understand. I don??t believe I could ask for more from a Dr.
- December 10, 2022 My primary doctor Dr Shelburne isolutely the best doctor I ever have in my life his concerning encouragements are the best and I appreciate him very much as for him been my doctor
- December 8, 2022 David Shelburne listens to your concerns and is very genuine. He explains things and you don't feel rushed during your visit. Great Doctor.
- December 7, 2022 Dr. Shelbourne is an amazing provider. He provides excellent care, listens to the needs of his patients and provides honest advice.
- December 7, 2022 Dr. David Shelburne is the best doctor I've ever had. His outstanding care has truly made a difference in my wellness journey. The quality of his attention is striking. He really listens, a rarity among health care providers these days. His gentle guidance to health and healing is informed, intelligent, and effective. He has my highest recommendation.
- December 6, 2022 Great location, nice and clean. Awesome staff; from registration, to nursing staff, provider, and techs. All good folks; caring, and pleasant to interact with. One of Wake's BEST locations!!
- December 6, 2022 One of the most compassionate doctors I have ever seen. Explains everything in layman??s terms and always makes time for questions. He is the best.
- December 2, 2022 always helpful
- December 2, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is always pleasant, and takes the time to listen to my concerns. He provides helpful advice and is quick to offer referrals when needed. I trust him implicitly.
- November 29, 2022 took me in same day was really concerned
- November 29, 2022 David is very professional and went beyond the call of duty explaining to me about my concerns.
- November 26, 2022 I feel lucky to have Dr. Shelburne as my doctor. He listens to what I have to ask and by the time my appointment is done I feel like he cares and we communicate well.
- November 23, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is a fine doctor. I feel comfortable with him in discussing my health and personal information.
- November 23, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is very caring and concerned about his patients. He does not treat us like we are just a number. All of my family has him as their Doctor and we all love and trust him with our health needs. The world needs more Doctors like him
- November 22, 2022 best- top notch
- November 16, 2022 I felt welcome and appreciated discussing my overall wellbeing.
- November 16, 2022 Very good listener and good conversation about my future health and past experience. Gave me ease at how he would be instrumental in my forward health care.
- November 15, 2022 I appreciate his patience, understanding and that he always takes his time to listen to any concerns. He is awesome with our little guy too and makes him feel completely comfortable.
- November 14, 2022 Dr, Shelburne always listens to me and gives me clear direction on how to improve my health. I feel very comfortable taking his advice and following his directions concerning my health.
- November 13, 2022 This is probably the first experience I've had with a PCP where I would rate them a 10/10 all around. He was excellent.
- November 10, 2022 I think Dr David Shelburne is the best doctor to me because he listened to what is going on with you .I feel he is always there to help all us Patient in any time are there any. I will always Think highly of him Think highly of him.
- November 7, 2022 He is a wonderful physician. He is thorough, explaining my issues and all possible treatments. He practices patient centered care and I am very confident in the care I receive.
- November 4, 2022 Very attentive
- November 4, 2022 Great primary care physician
- November 1, 2022 I have been seeing Dr. Shelburne for about 8 years for my annual Medicare wellness checkups. He is always thorough with the exam, and recommends vaccines that I probably need. He takes time to answer questions and listen to any concerns that I have. I feel honored to have him as my primary care provider.
- November 1, 2022 He is upbeat and has a very positive attitude. He is a great doctor.
- October 29, 2022 I trust DrSelburne
- October 26, 2022 Very friendly and courteous.i have never seen him before and he made me feel at ease. Jackie
- October 23, 2022 Dr Shelburne cared for my mother for years before she passed. I was at every visit with her and gained good communication with him. This is why I chose him as my Health Care Provider. I am very pleased with the care I receive from him.
- October 22, 2022 I??m so thankful to Dr Shelburne, he has been my doctor for years, with all my medical problems he hasn??t giving up on me. He is very kind and understandings and shows that he cares. He listens very carefully and he is polite when explaining things to me.The office is clean and staff is friendly too.
- October 22, 2022 I??m 79. Dr S is best of all for my lifetime!
- October 21, 2022 He is very caring and compassionate
- October 18, 2022 Personable
- October 15, 2022 Dr. Shelburne listens and truly cares about your health. He carefully explains everything and doesn??t rush through the visit. Best doctor I??ve ever had.
- October 13, 2022 Dr. David Shelburne took the time to review my records and noted a prescriptions written foe me by an urgent care center. He saw that the dosage was too low and was a factor in my inability to get rid of the cough that I had for 3 weeks. He wrote a prescription for a higher dosage as well as another prescription. The cough was gone in 2-3 days.
- October 12, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is an asset to the medical profession, and one of the best primary care physicians I've ever interacted with. He is clearly motivated by a sincere and caring interest in the well-being of his patients, as well as the medical team around him that works together to deliver a positive healthcare experience.
- October 10, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is caring and knowledgeable and has has been a great blessing to me over the past ten plus years. I would highly recommend him if looking for a physician.
- October 7, 2022 Dr Shelburne is always careful he listens to my concerns and he pays attention to the cost of items for us as well
- October 7, 2022 He is the Best Doctor that I know of. He has been my Doctor for many years.
- October 5, 2022 Great Dr.
- October 4, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is very kind and patient. He seems interested in the patient's issues. He was a little rushed during this visit.
- October 2, 2022 Best doctor
- October 1, 2022 Thank you all.
- September 30, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is always attentive and caring about my health and welfare.
- September 29, 2022 It's always a pleasure talking to DR Shelburne
- September 23, 2022 He was wonderful and easy to understand what is going on with me and easy to understand what to do to help it.
- September 23, 2022 Great doc. Trust him completely.
- September 23, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is so patient and caring. We appreciate the time he spends with us and how he always includes us in the decision making.
- September 23, 2022 Has the ability to reassure and encourage his patients
- September 21, 2022 Tremendous doctor who is able to communicate in a manner that I can understand. Gives me exceptional advice and listens to my concerns.
- September 21, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is very attentive and listens to my concerns. Dr. Shelburne is supportive and offers excellent medical care.
- September 21, 2022 He is an empathetic and thorough provider. I appreciate that he listens to myconcerns and answers my questions.
- September 18, 2022 He listens and tries to understand your concerns so he can better help you
- September 17, 2022 Dr.Shelburne has been our family doctor for years. He has always listened to our concerns and addressed any issues we had. In a world of constant change it is reassuring to know that he will be there when needed!
- September 15, 2022 Dr. Shelbourne listens, and if you feel he hasn't, he's good about paying attention to make sure he understands my concerns. He has an excellent chair-side manner.
- September 13, 2022 I feel so lucky to have found Dr. Shelburne. He doesn't just hear me, he really listens. I always feel comfortable when I leave the office.
- September 13, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is a caring and kind man. I always feel at ease when I have an appointment. I feel he cares about me like his own mother.
- September 9, 2022 Thoughtful, concerned, caring, experienced
- September 7, 2022 Doctor Shelburne and his staff are the best that Atrium Health has. That's just my opinion.!!
- September 7, 2022 This office is efficient, and listens to your issues. Great primary care option. I liked that tests could be done in the office without another visit.
- September 6, 2022 Dr. Shelburne in a jewel.
- September 5, 2022 His energy and enthusiasm reflects his care for his patients
- September 4, 2022 Dr. Shelburune is absolutely the best physician I have been seem by . He is prompt, kind listens thorough offering feedback .
- September 4, 2022 Always provides prompt and ease with my questions
- September 3, 2022 Great person, awesome doctor!!!!
- August 27, 2022 Dr. Shelburne always has a smile on his face and I feel very comfortable that he is my doctor
- August 27, 2022 Explained everything quite well. Took time to answer any question I had and he is just really nice !
- August 26, 2022 Dr. Shelburne and his staff were professional but friendly and put us at ease throughout the visit. He listened and advised us medically regarding our concerns.
- August 26, 2022 He is the best, thank you
- August 26, 2022 My favorite part of my virtual visit was talking with Dr. Shelburne who is always, without fail, so kind and knowledgeable.
- August 26, 2022 The survey results reveal my thoughts about Dr Shelburne.
- August 23, 2022 Dr. Shelbourne really explains your medical condition and the prevention process to make in your health.
- August 21, 2022 Hes a very caring and compassionate MD. It is not just a job to Dr. Shelburne his patients care is very important to him. He always takes his time and listens to me and answers my questions and makes sure I understand everything that's going on.
- August 20, 2022 Dr. Shelborne listened to me. We haven??t found the problem yet, but he didn??t dismiss me.
- August 17, 2022 Easy to talk to. Got my blood work and something is high, not sure if that is something to be concerned about. But I do like my doctor at least I hope he will be my doctor.
- August 16, 2022 Doctor was helpful lessened to me
- August 13, 2022 Dr. Shelburne, is very attentive and takes his time to explain everything. He cared for my Mother for years and that??s why I chose him to be my Physician. He is very prompt to reply to messages sent on MyWakeHealth. I am very pleased with him.
- August 13, 2022 They do not come any more a professional.than Dr. Shelburne. He is the consulate doctor I have been to. He is very courteous and friendly. Always give adequate time to review my medical history. And cared for me totally.
- August 12, 2022 David is very good at diagnosis, he listens carefully, explains things very clearly, and knows what to do
- August 10, 2022 Couldn't ask for anything more.
- August 10, 2022 Good Doc, satisfies my needs by sending me on the correct path to recovery.
- August 9, 2022 Best Doctor I've ever had and that is why I drive over a hour and a half to see him!!!
- August 9, 2022 It??s a shame that every single person in the triad can??t have dr shelbourne as their physician. He is smart, kind, patient and helpful
- August 8, 2022 Dr Shelburne is the best,
- August 4, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is very professional is also very friendly and easy to talk to and he listens well he gives advice and these final decision to me.
- August 3, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is always attentive to the patients needs and listens carefully to concerns. He is quick to provide results.
- August 3, 2022 Great doctor
- August 3, 2022 Practices medicine with common sense and caring for the person.
- August 2, 2022 listens to concerns
- August 2, 2022 Takes time to explain things.
- July 30, 2022 Dr. Dave is the best! He is always available to answer questions and truly cares about our family. He is extremely knowledgeable and his experience as both a provider and parent himself is invaluable. We couldn??t ask for a better family medicine physician!
- July 30, 2022 Dr. David Shelburne is a highly skilled, compassionate doctor who is also very personable. He is well-read on current research and treatments. So glad to be in his care!
- July 26, 2022 He is a good doctor. I feel like this is the beginning of a good thing.
- July 26, 2022 Dr. Shelburne has a great conversational approach to getting history and pertinent information. He formulates a plan with options to allow the patient to choose how they want to proceed with care. He explained what he thought my problem was and the reasons we may or may not want to take various future steps for evaluation and treatment.
- July 26, 2022 Dr. Shelburne was attentive, asked me questions, and answered the questions that I had. He was thorough, thoughtful, and concise. I was able to pick up my prescriptions within an hour of him submitting them.
- July 24, 2022 Dr. Shelbourne has went above and beyond in treating my health issues over the past few years. He listens to my requests and provides solutions to my issues. If I text him, he always replies to answer my concerns. I??m thankful he is my doctor.
- July 23, 2022 Dr S is the best! It would be difficult to find another like him. A valuable asset to WFBH!
- July 23, 2022 Thanks for all your help
- July 22, 2022 Dr Shelburne always listens and shows concern
- July 17, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is knowledgeable, accessible and responsive.
- July 16, 2022 Great doctor!
- July 16, 2022 Dr. Shelburne was so helpful in providing germane information to me about the recovery process for my broken foot as the urgent care clinic visit went so fast. This was an excellent follow-up.
- July 16, 2022 He really cares about his patients. He takes time to hear all of my concerns. He is friendly, attentive, knowledgeable, and has an overall great bedside manner.
- July 16, 2022 Great guy, perfect doctor for me and I enjoy all my visits with him.
- July 16, 2022 David provided a very clear explanation of my condition and details on my treatment plan.
- July 14, 2022 Always listens and understands
- July 14, 2022 Very happy with Dr. Shelburne.
- July 14, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is one of the Best Physician I've been around in my 69yrs with the way he Communicates about your Health Care
- July 13, 2022 DR. Shelburne is so attentive and caring. He is so intelligent and if he doesn't have an answer, he will send me to a specialist that does. He always takes the time to listen to me and I really appreciate that. I am blessed to have him as my doctor.
- July 12, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is knowledgeable , asks all the questions, listens and shows genuine concern.
- July 11, 2022 He is awesome!
- July 10, 2022 Dr Shelburne really makes my husband and I feel comfortable and free to ask questions. He explains our options clearly and details the pros and cons of each choice. He is very personable.
- July 9, 2022 Dr. Shelburne gets right to the reason for the appt with a friendly and expert diagnosis of my issues and remedy. He listens, reacts to the conversation, keeps the fears at bay.
- July 9, 2022 He takes the time to explain what is going on And to listen on what??s goin on.
- July 9, 2022 He is very personable and cared about my health.
- July 8, 2022 Dr. Shelburne was very attentive, compassionate, and reassuring of his plan of care for my health and wellbeing. I am very thankful God guided me to put my health care into Dr. Shelburne's capable hands.
- July 6, 2022 Great Doctor really cares about my health
- July 5, 2022 I have been with Dr Shelbourne for years! He has always been a very compassionate and detailed physician. He will explain any type of medical misunderstanding I may have in a humble way so I will not become upset. I appreciate this, not only for me but for my family as well.
- July 5, 2022 Medical history well known with Dr. Shelbourne and we breezed right through my physical examination. Flawless.
- June 30, 2022 Best doctor I??ve ever had who listens and generally cares about my well being.
- June 29, 2022 Dr Shelburne is a wonderful physician. I would not hesitate to recommend him to anyone.
- June 29, 2022 He??s a very good doctor and a kind person
- June 28, 2022 I wouldn??t go anywhere else.
- June 26, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is a very good doctor - explains everything, examination very thorough, takes his time and listens to me. I just can't find anything bad about him.
- June 26, 2022 Very knowledgeable and suggestive for treatment.
- June 25, 2022 I??m 79. Dr Shelburne. Best I have had. Totally trust him
- June 21, 2022 Dr. Shelbourne always is on time with my appointments and he listen to what I have to say. He has been my provider for several years now and he has gone out his way to address my issues. I really appreciate him being my doctor!!!
- June 15, 2022 VERY GOOD DOCTOR
- June 14, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is always professional. Always listens to what I have to say and allows me to be a partner in my health care decisions. He is knowledgeable about current medications and is always super helpful.
- June 13, 2022 Dr. Shelburne is one of the most understanding doctors I??ve ever had.
- June 13, 2022 Dr. Shelburne goes above and beyond. He is very approachable and listens to what you have to say. He comes across as very caring and myself and my family think he is the best family doctor we have had.
3020 Bonbrook Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27106Get Directions
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 5 pm
Sat - Sun: 8 am - 6 pm
Lunch: noon - 1 pm (doors reopen at 12:45 pm)
- Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2008
- Family Medicine, Wake Forest University, 2011
- American Board of Family Medicine, Family Medicine
- Physician - Wake Forest Health Network
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC -Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
Wake Forest Baptist Health Managed Care/MA Contracts - January2022
AETNA CONNECTED ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
AETNA (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
AETNA MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
AETNA WHOLE HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
ALIGNMENT HEALTHCARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes (not applicable to services provided at High Point)
AMBETTER OF NC: Accepted at all locations
AMERIHEALTH CARITAS NEXT ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
APEX MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
BCBSNC (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
BCBS HIGH PERFORMANCE (NATIONAL NETWORK): Accepted at all locations
BLUE LOCAL (WFBH INDIVIDUAL & WFBH X_Group): Accepted at all locations
BLUE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
BLUE VALUE: Accepted at all locations
CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
CIGNA: Accepted at all locations
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at NCBH and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes)
CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Wilkes)
CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
COVENTRY/WELLPATH: Accepted at all locations
CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
DEVOTED HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
DIRECT NET: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not contracted, very low to no volume for CHC)
FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC): Accepted at NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for WFUHS, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED): Accepted at all locations
HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and LMC (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
HEALTHTEAM ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA CHOICECARE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
MEDCOST: Accepted at all locations
MEDCOST ULTRA: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not applicable at CHC)
OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC: Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie and CHC (not contracted, very low to no volume for LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC and Wilkes)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS (not applicable for services provided at NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED HEALTHCARE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE ESSENTIALS ACA/EXCHANGE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
VA CCN: Accepted at all locations
WELLCARE: Accepted at all locations
WELLPATH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC