Conditions and Treatments
- Femto Second Assisted Laser Cataract Surgery
- Premium Lens Implants
- Allergic Conjunctivitis
- Punctal Plugs
- Phacoemulsification with Intraocular Lens Implant
- Yag Capsulotomy
- Dry Eye Syndrome
- Ocular Hypertension
- Refractive Error
- Open Angle Glaucoma
- Sudden Change in Vision
- Posterior Capsule Opacification
Ratings and Reviews
599 Ratings 267 Comments
|Listened to me||4.8|
|Cared about me||4.8|
|Clearly explained my problem or condition||4.8|
|Included me in decisions about my care||4.8|
Within Atrium Health, we use survey results to better understand what is important to our patients and how we can improve healthcare experiences. The overall Patient Rating score comes from the questions on our Medallia Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a scale, where 0 represents "very poor" and 10 represents "very good.” Those scores are shown as 1 to 5 stars on the provider’s profile.
- March 15, 2023 Very nice and sincere.
- March 15, 2023 He is awesome
- March 15, 2023 Very personable and always listens to you. I have been going there for a long time and he has always taken care of my family.
- March 14, 2023 To the point
- March 8, 2023 I’ve had no surgical procedures, but Dr. Shapiro is always professional and interested in the office setting.
- March 7, 2023 Very good in discussion of my eyes and grateful to get such benefit from what was said about my overall eye visit. Excellent rating for what took place about my eyes and thankful for such timely speech from the doctor on my eye condition which was very good.
- March 7, 2023 Love Dr Shapiro!! Wish he would come back to Reidsville on Tuesdays!
- March 5, 2023 I am sick and tired of eating everything I do in a day. Don’t like these surveys.
- March 4, 2023 Doc was great
- March 3, 2023 Nice guy
- March 1, 2023 Great Doctor
- February 28, 2023 Dr. Shapiro is a very good doctor who takes the time to explain what's going on with your eyes and the choices you have for treatment so you can make an informed decision. I like that rather than being told, "This is what needs to to be done." After all they are my eyes and I should be part of decision making process.
- February 28, 2023 Excellent doctor. Great experience.
- February 28, 2023 Excellent doctor and excellent visit.
- February 28, 2023 I have complete confidence in Dr Sharpiro and his employees. They are very professional and informative. I highly suggest Sharpiro Eye Care for excellent service!
- February 24, 2023 The Best in eye care
- February 24, 2023 Dr. Shapiro did my Lasik surgery back in 1994 and he still has his is as good as he was back then he is the best eyecare doctor I have ever seen
- February 23, 2023 Very knowledgeable!! Great experience! Listened to me and explained everything!! Highly recommend!
- February 22, 2023 Dr. Shapiro has been my doctor since 1976. I have complete confidence in him. He is knowledgeable of eye care and cares about his patients. As longs as he is a doctor, I will continue to see him for my eye care.
- February 22, 2023 Dr. Shapiro is very nice
- February 21, 2023 very good doctor. Has been taking care off my eyes for over 25
- February 21, 2023 I always enjoy seeing Dr Shapiro and getting his excellent care.
- February 20, 2023 Dr. Mark Shapiro was friendly, professional, he listened to any concerns and gave understandable explanations.
- February 20, 2023 He is very old
- February 17, 2023 Best eye doctor around. Experienced, Caring and well organized office and staff.
- February 16, 2023 I've been seeing him for years. He's skilled and I trust him.
- February 16, 2023 I’m 67 and have been wearing glasses since I was in the fourth grade. Dr. Shapiro is the best ophthalmologist I’ve ever had. I have some eye issues other than just checking for new prescriptions, and they have been addressed very carefully.
- February 15, 2023 My time was respected by the staff & Dr. Shapiro. Everyone, including Dr Shapiro, ensured my questions were answered. I felt that my safety was important because of the double checking (more than one person) that my meds & current overall health were considered. The in-house optometry specialist (optometrist?) is excellent & thorough.
- February 15, 2023 Dr was very nice and to the point. Very good listener
- February 14, 2023 Dr. Shapiro is laid back but gets to the point of the visit. He gave me the opportunity to ask questions and explain situations that I had encountered since my last visit one year ago.
- February 11, 2023 Dr Shapiro was thorough, friendly and patient.
- February 11, 2023 We have been patients of Dr. Shapiro for over 40 years and have entrusted the eye care of our entire family to him.
- February 10, 2023 I never give tens because no one is perfect. But in these times it is hard to get good service and deal with people who actually seem to care about what they do. I was impressed with the entire staff and I dealt with. Nice job by all.
- February 10, 2023 every time i go to any doctors office under your system the doctors and nurses are great. that is one of the reason i decide to go with Atrium. thank you.
- February 10, 2023 He is truly a great eye doctor
- February 9, 2023 Dr. Shapiro has a great team. Thank Dr. Shapiro for all you have done to get me back seeing good.
- February 8, 2023 I have been with Dr. Shapiro a long time if I didn’t trust him or like him I would have left his practice long ago.
- February 7, 2023 Dr. Shapiro is always polite and efficient..
- February 7, 2023 He has been my eye doctor for years and performed my surgery. I would not go to anyone else. All my family goes to him. Great personality.
- February 5, 2023 Nothing to tell you. Every thing was good. Ill be back in a year for check up. Thank you.
- February 3, 2023 I feel like I am visiting with family.
- February 3, 2023 I have been satisfied with Dr. Shapiro for years. He is definitely one of the best! Others in my family also use him and feel the same.
- February 1, 2023 Love Dr. Shapiro
- January 31, 2023 Upon initial check in I waited in line for at least 30 minutes waiting to check in because even though it was two employees behind the counter only one was checking people in which one patients check in took extremely long even after I voiced my concerns to the staff nothing was done.
- January 29, 2023 Very fine person ,
- January 29, 2023 Dr Shapiro is a very good Dr and kind with patient. And he is very helpful.
- January 28, 2023 Thorough and to the point
- January 28, 2023 Dr.Shapiro was amazing he made my daughter feel so comfortable throughout her procedure along with his assistant She was also Amazing .
- January 25, 2023 Dr. Shapiro is very experienced and knowledgeable, and demonstrated genuine concern.
- January 25, 2023 Experienced eye care
- January 22, 2023 Dr. Shapiro is very professional and knowledgeable. He takes time to discuss diagnoses and recommendations for treatment.
- January 21, 2023 The doctor was cordial, concerned and professional throughout procedure.
- January 20, 2023 Only issue was that I had to wait a LONG time in line to check in …….the person 4 people in front of me had an insurance issue
- January 19, 2023 Dr.Shapiro was very careful to explain everything to me
- January 18, 2023 talking with an old friend
- January 14, 2023 I would like to thank Dr sharpio for the excellent care he gave me he really cared for me as a person and took the time to listen and not have me on a time clock that made me feel very special
- January 14, 2023 Dr. Sharpiro and his staff are great!
- January 13, 2023 Very nice, friendly and listens to me. Very caring.
- January 13, 2023 He is always friendly and remembers me from the previous annual visit.
- January 13, 2023 I’ve been coming to Dr Shapiro for many years for a good reason.
- January 12, 2023 Very informative and knowledgeable also a very concern about my eyecondition excellent and professional
- January 12, 2023 My family has been seeing Dr. Shapiro for many years. We love him and the staff!
- January 10, 2023 The technician was very friendly and knowledgeable about my eye examination. Dr. Shapiro is always professional.
- January 10, 2023 Very knowledgeable and thorough. Cares about his patients.
- January 6, 2023 Helped me make decisions that are best for me.
- December 28, 2022 Everything was good
- December 26, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has cared for my whole family for years and his care has always been the best of the best! We, the family, can't express enough about our appreciation for Dr. Shapiro.
- December 25, 2022 I appreciated him answering my questions as to what he was doing with each step of his exam.
- December 21, 2022 Dr Shapiro and his staff are very caring people, they make you feel like family
- December 21, 2022 I have been coming to Dr. Shapiro for over a decade. He is very professional, friendly and polite. I am very confident in the care I receive from him and his staff.
- December 21, 2022 Warm,friendly manner
- December 21, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is a great eye specialist. He listens to your concerns. He will give you the best care possible. I have been going to him for years. He diagnosed my problem and has been treating it very successfully for years. I have glaucoma.
- December 15, 2022 Great care,great experience
- December 15, 2022 Very professional.Takes time at end of visit for any questions.
- December 14, 2022 He treats u with respect ?%?
- December 13, 2022 Dr. Mark Shapiro is very thorough. He listens and answers questions well with a warm, friendly and professional demeanor.
- December 13, 2022 Dr. Shapiro, is very friendly and patient!!
- December 12, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is a great doctor, he cares about his patients and take great care of me. I have recommended him to my family and friends and they love him too.
- December 10, 2022 Very understanding and professional
- December 9, 2022 Terrific doctor
- December 8, 2022 Caring
- December 7, 2022 The best!
- December 6, 2022 I??ve been coming to Dr. Shapiro for over 40 years. Although I live 160 miles round trip, I wouldn??t think of going anywhere else.
- December 3, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is a very good doctor
- December 1, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is very competent and I have full confidence in him.
- December 1, 2022 I have trusted Dr. Mark Shapiro with my eye care for all of my adult life with complete satisfaction.
- November 30, 2022 Dr Shapiro is wonderful.
- November 29, 2022 Dr Shapiro he is a very good doctor.
- November 23, 2022 Dr.Shapiro has cared for my husband & I for years. He??s very caring & intelligent! We have trusted him to make best decisions about our eye care!
- November 22, 2022 Very good eye doctor
- November 21, 2022 I have been seeing Dr Shapiro for many years and always been confident in his diagnosis and follow up care.
- November 17, 2022 I have been going to Dr. Shapiro for a long time and he is a very good doctor.
- November 16, 2022 Following the instructions from the Dr. the pressure in the eyes is staying within a normal range.
- November 15, 2022 I know he has the knowledge and skill to care for my eyes and I absolutely trust him.
- November 12, 2022 Mark Shapiro has great talent. He begins with staff tests and works from those, without long waits and is clear, concise and gives a full explanation. He also answers questions.
- November 12, 2022 While Dr. Shapiro is predominantly business-like and his communications are brief, I do trust that his lengthy career and experience allows him to diagnose and communicate quickly without extraneous conversation.
- November 11, 2022 Knowledgeable doctor that is professional.
- November 10, 2022 Best eye care Dr I've ever had
- November 10, 2022 Dr. Shapiro always takes the time to listen to my concerns, and I always feel like I'm getting a thorough eye examination, with explanations throughout.
- November 10, 2022 Always caring care
- November 10, 2022 I love Dr. Shapiro. He's friendly and very professional.
- November 8, 2022 I had cataract surgery, he kept me calm, I felt very confident with dr. Shapiro and his team. I had a good experience.
- November 8, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has been my provider for only a few years. He & his staff are informative, helpful and efficient.
- November 8, 2022 Excellent care
- November 5, 2022 Always friendly and nice
- November 4, 2022 He is a great doctor. He has always made my eye care a top priority.
- November 4, 2022 Had no patience for me and made me feel as if he just wanted to get me out of his office. Ultimately, he passed me on to another doctor.
- November 4, 2022 I've been seeing Dr. Shapiro for over 10 years. That should speak for itself.
- November 3, 2022 he very nice and care about you
- November 2, 2022 Extremely competent. Very caring. Just a good Doc.
- November 1, 2022 Cared for me and my wife!He is excellent in all phases of eye care!
- November 1, 2022 A very caring practitioner!
- November 1, 2022 Friendly knowledgeable confidence
- November 1, 2022 He was wonderful !
- October 29, 2022 Dr Shapiro and his staff are terrific if they weren't I wouldn't continue going even though it's once a year for my checkup
- October 28, 2022 Experienced, caring, and concerned about you.
- October 27, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has always been professional. Shows he cares.
- October 26, 2022 Very through and easy to talk to
- October 26, 2022 caring and courteous team
- October 26, 2022 Thanks for your caring
- October 25, 2022 He has done an outstanding job caring for my eyes.
- October 21, 2022 DR SHAPIRO HAS BEEN MY OPTOMETRIST FOR 25+ YEARS AND HE'S MY SONS EYE CARE DOCTOR ALSO. HE RECENTLY DID CATARACT REMOVAL SURGERY ON BOTH OF MY EYES.I AM 76 YEARS OLD AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.
- October 21, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is a great doctor. He can be trusted to help keep eyes healthy. He works on a tight schedule to maintain a positive flow in the office.
- October 19, 2022 He and his team are simply the best!
- October 14, 2022 Dr. Shapiro always listens to me and will take time to refer me to someone else if he feels it is necessary.
- October 14, 2022 Very efficient and knowledgeable Dr. I don't want anyone else working on my eyes..
- October 13, 2022 Dr. Shapiro's care and attention to detail during the whole experience was very complete and comprehensive. His staff was very efficient and professional in every way
- October 13, 2022 They all are really nice and helpful thanks for everything
- October 12, 2022 Everything was wonderful, the only slight negative was the check in; there was only one receptionist working the long line. It took over 12 minutes. (I don??t like to be late)
- October 8, 2022 Dr. Shapiro was thorough and patient with me.
- October 5, 2022 Very efficient and freindly
- October 5, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is knowledgeable, friendly, kind, always has a smile for you. I see him since the Sixty's
- October 5, 2022 Great been going there for Years never a problem.
- October 5, 2022 I have been going to Dr. Shapiro for many years and I have never had a better physician in any field of my healthcare.
- September 30, 2022 I am deeply grateful for my vastly improved vision.
- September 29, 2022 Jess was very knowledgeable about my testing, and upbeat and friendly. Dr Shapiro keeps on going. He's the man.
- September 29, 2022 Very good surgeon, I felt well taken care of
- September 28, 2022 Excellent Dr., Nurse and Staff
- September 28, 2022 Excellent doctor and great office procedures and time management.
- September 26, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is an extremely excellent clinician and truly loves his patients!
- September 21, 2022 I have been going to Dr. Shapiro for many years and have always been completely satisfied with his knowledge and professionalism.
- September 21, 2022 He??s the best.
- September 20, 2022 Responded quickly to give me an appointment when I had an eye problem.
- September 20, 2022 I've been with him for a long time and have no problems with his work or care for my concerns. He is so nice ????
- September 20, 2022 Have been a patient for about 25 years, have nothing but good to say about him
- September 19, 2022 I've been a patient for over twenty years. Very satisfied.
- September 19, 2022 My mom took me to the eye doctor's office when I was a **** and Dr Mark Shapiro listened and examined me that day. On every exam since he has been listening and explaining and including me on decisions that relate to the care of my eyes. I'm very glad he is my doctor because now I am a senior citizen and I have seen him learn and grow in his profession so he can give the very best care he can.
- September 18, 2022 Very good overall experience
- September 17, 2022 Dr. Shapiro wasn??t sure about my eye problem, but he immediately scheduled me with a glaucoma specialist and I got an appointment the next day.
- September 17, 2022 Great care and Service
- September 17, 2022 Dr Shapiro changed my life with my lens replacement. I cannot say enough good things about this practice. Highly recommend this practice.
- September 17, 2022 Very informative and nice. Liked him better than the lady he had helping him. The contact lady was super nice as well.
- September 17, 2022 I really appreciate his professionalism and caring
- September 16, 2022 Has taken care of me for years and years! Efficient but very kind and caring. I trust him completely!
- September 15, 2022 Again the staff is Very Friendly and Professional. Love this Practice !!! From Registration to the End of the visit I always have a Great Customer Service Experience. Dr. Shapiro is very Friendly, Professional and shows much concern for his patients. Have recommended this practice to several people.
- September 15, 2022 He is fabulous! Great ???bedside manner.?? Enjoyed interaction. Professional and accurate exam. He is attentive and caring. Looking forward to next year.
- September 15, 2022 always like my visits love Dr Shapiro
- September 14, 2022 They??ve been the best!
- September 14, 2022 He is very attentive to your needs and concerns. Make sure you understand everything that is going on, I highly recommend him if you need an eye Dr.
- September 13, 2022 Great Dr. He is clear when he communicates, and he always asks if any questions also
- September 13, 2022 I have been a patient of Dr. Shapiro more than a dozen years. I come back for ban exam every year.
- September 10, 2022 Have been seeing Dr. Shapiro for many years and hope to for many more.
- September 8, 2022 I didn't see Dr. S. but he has always given me great care and I know he cares about my eye health.
- September 8, 2022 Dr. Shapiro, is always friendly and patient!!
- September 7, 2022 Very professional.
- September 6, 2022 Very professional and courteous also explained everything to me very informative
- September 3, 2022 Although Dr. Sharpio is very knowledgeable he could be a little warmer with improved bedside manner.
- September 1, 2022 I've been seeing Dr Shapiro for years. He always makes me feel comfortable and shows concern for my eye care.
- September 1, 2022 Excellent experience! Dr. Shapiro and his staff are excellent.
- September 1, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is very knowledgeable and professional in all aspects of eye care.
- August 30, 2022 He is thorough and takes care to explain things so they may be understood. He also gave me a printout explaining the condition and what to look out for.
- August 25, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has taken care of my eyes for years. Lasik eye surgery cataract surgery. All around an Awesome Doctor. I hope he continues seeing patients for another 30 plus yrs. Awesome man.
- August 24, 2022 I received the same excellent care that I have received every time that I have been at this facility.
- August 24, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is a very good communicator.
- August 21, 2022 Very skilled.
- August 19, 2022 I have been going to Shapiro Eyecare for years and I wouldn't go anywhere else. He takes care of your needs. His nurses are very good in their part of the examination. He listens to you and then if treatment is needed, he will suggest the best way to go. Shapiro Eyecare is a great place to go for eyecare.
- August 19, 2022 been going to Dr. Shapiro for years and have always found him respectful and caring, you never feel rushed, he has time for any questions you may have.
- August 16, 2022 Very Professional and caring
- August 14, 2022 Excellent service. My husband and I had exams and we were out within a half hour.
- August 12, 2022 I have been a patient of Dr. Mark Shapiro for years and I am satisfied with his services.
- August 12, 2022 Professional. Would recommend.
- August 12, 2022 Does a great job
- August 10, 2022 Love this man. He is incredible; best there is.
- August 10, 2022 A Great doctor
- August 10, 2022 Always treats me with care.
- August 9, 2022 He is so nice and knows his job. I would recommend him to anyone who needed this service
- August 9, 2022 Dr. SHAPIROis a super Dr. He gives excellent care!
- July 31, 2022 Mark is a great guy
- July 29, 2022 A gentleman whom is also a skilled practitioner of his craft.
- July 29, 2022 I've been seeing Dr Shapiro for years. He is concerned about my eye care. I'm very comfortable with him.
- July 29, 2022 He was very caring and explained everything to you and made sure you understood what was going on, I would highly recommend him
- July 27, 2022 Dr. Shapiro did a through examination and explained all results to me.
- July 15, 2022 Very caring and included you in his discussion and ask if you had any questions.
- July 15, 2022 Friendly and professional
- July 15, 2022 Great visit again, thanks
- July 13, 2022 Very professional and experienced.
- July 12, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is taking care of my eyes over 50 years. Needles to say that I trust him. He is a great Doctor and Friend.
- July 12, 2022 Professional and caring provider.
- July 8, 2022 When my vision was getting worse and I thought I had cataracts, I knew Doctor Shapiro was the one to do the surgery. I was impressed by all of his staff and I have been telling others about my experience.
- July 8, 2022 I have been seeing Dr Shapiro for nearly 30 years and have never had any issues whatsoever.
- July 6, 2022 Love Dr. Shapiro, he and his staff are awesome!
- July 4, 2022 Caring, interested in my problem
- July 4, 2022 Very Through , and explains everything
- July 3, 2022 Great Doctor.
- July 1, 2022 Great all around experience at Dr. Shapiro's office and with Dr. Shapiro, as well.
- June 29, 2022 I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Mark Shapiro to any of my family or friends for eye care needs. He is very professional and very knowledgeable in his field and really cares about his patients well being.
- June 29, 2022 care is methodical, and efficient!
- June 29, 2022 Excellent and clear in communication
- June 29, 2022 Dr. Shapiro was very friendly and knowledgeable about my health. He gave me quality care.
- June 26, 2022 He is a very skilled and experienced eye surgeon. My cataract and lens implant surgery was flawless. I love not needing glasses or contacts for the firt time in 60 years!
- June 25, 2022 Professional and friendly staff
- June 24, 2022 Very trustworthy
- June 24, 2022 Very good
- June 22, 2022 Mark Shapiro is very knowledge about his practice.
- June 21, 2022 Dr Shapiro is very knowledgeable. He explains everything he does in a way I can understand. My surgery went flawlessly.
- June 14, 2022 Dr.Shapiro has always taken care of me for many years and I appreciate him as a professional provider he is the best in this city. Thanks Dr. Shapiro and staff ??????
- June 12, 2022 Explain everything to a level of my understanding.
- June 11, 2022 Dr.sharpiro, is very friendly and patient!! He has a good bedside manner!! I like him.
- June 11, 2022 Nothing to say.
- June 9, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is one of the most caring and competent physicals I have encountered.
- June 5, 2022 Very professional and courteous
- June 4, 2022 He has been my doctor for a lot of years and I am completely satisfied with his care. I am a type 1 diabetic for the past 63 years and I always have a good relationship with him and his staff.
- June 3, 2022 I feel very confident in his decisions.
- June 2, 2022 Very helpful and answered my questions
- June 1, 2022 He listens because he cares and answers any questions or concerns I may have
- May 31, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has taken care of my eyes for many years. Has done a great job.
- May 27, 2022 Dr Shapiro is very professional I have been going to him for years he did my cataracts with out any problems. I would recommend him to all of my friends I can see better and he has a great staff.I am very pleased with him.
- May 26, 2022 I had a problem and Dr Shapiro saw me and was very helpful
- May 26, 2022 made a diagnosis and sent me to the retina specalist immediately
- May 25, 2022 I had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Shapiro and his team. Being that it was my first visit I was nervous and concerned with a few things regarding my really poor eyesight, however, the team made me feel comfortable and took care of my every need.
- May 24, 2022 Dr Shapiro is a consummate professional and extremely thorough in the evaluation and results.
- May 24, 2022 EXCELLENT! EXCELLENT!
- May 23, 2022 I chose Dr. Shapiro because he has lots of experience.
- May 22, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has been great all the years I have been a patient. My decision to have cataract surgery was my own and I understood that there might be complications. To be told there is nothing that can be done is a little hard to deal with.
- May 19, 2022 As always he was very professional and listened to all my questions.
- May 15, 2022 Very professional and knowledgeable. Easy to talk to.
- May 12, 2022 I had a very good experience. Office seemed well-managed (no long waits). Doctor did not rush me.
- May 11, 2022 Very thorough and caring.
- May 7, 2022 His staff were very nice and helpful
- May 5, 2022 The best great job
- May 4, 2022 Very punctual. Had me in and out in 35 minutes. This is a great practice.
- May 4, 2022 Dr. Shapiro gave me a complete exam, and explained the results as he went. He answered all questions/concerns I had about my eyes.
- April 30, 2022 The Doctor is concerned about his patients you can ask him Questions about your visit & the Doctor will answer you & ask you do you have any questions for him about your visit I enjoy my visit 2day thank y'all
- April 27, 2022 Trust is very important to me. I trusted Dr. Shapiro to do my caterac surgery on both eyes and am pleased how it went. The staff are very fun to work with.
- April 24, 2022 I would recommend Dr. Shippiro to anyone in need of an eye care physician.
- April 24, 2022 Dr. Shapiro has been my doctor for many years and has taken care of all my needs. Including Lasix and cataract surgery. Even though I have moved to another city , I will make the journey just to see him if I have a problem or just need a check up.
- April 23, 2022 Very friendly. Felt he cared about my child
- April 22, 2022 Great doctor. Very caring and professional
- April 18, 2022 See you next year!
- April 16, 2022 Outstanding Service!!!!! Knowledge outstanding!
- April 14, 2022 Dr. Shapiro listened to my concerns and provided exceptional care in my surgical procedure. He was responsive to follow up questions and addressed my needs in a professional manner. I would definitely recommend him to others needing eye care.
- April 13, 2022 I have been a patient for years..in fact, Dr Shaprio has treated Generations of our family. My mother, myself, my daughter and now my grandson
- April 12, 2022 Mark Shapiro, MD is the best , listens, tells you exactly what's wrong & provides great customer service.
- April 10, 2022 Very comfortable with his care and he was a very pleasant doctor to work with
- April 8, 2022 Professional
- April 7, 2022 My family have been patientls for two generations
- April 6, 2022 I have been going to Dr. Shapiro for years and would not want any other eye doctor. They are the best.
- March 26, 2022 Dr Shapiro is always so nice and caring
- March 25, 2022 Very knowledgeable and to the point
- March 24, 2022 Enjoyed!
- March 24, 2022 Likely the best doctor for cataract surgery. My vision is great!! I give Dr Shapiro the highest grade.
- March 22, 2022 I was greeted with respect,kind and let me know the condition of myeyes.
- March 21, 2022 Dr. Shapiro is great. He has been taking care of my eyes for a long time. He is the best.
- March 20, 2022 Very professional and kind
- March 19, 2022 An efficient and friendly service team.
- March 18, 2022 Great experience!
1311 N. Elm St.
Greensboro, NC 27401Get Directions
- MD, Ohio State University College of Medicine and Public Health, 1970
- Passavant Memorial Hospital, 1971
- Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, 1976
- American Board of Ophthalmology, Ophthalmology
- Physician - Wake Forest Health Network
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC -Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
Wake Forest Baptist Health Managed Care/MA Contracts - January2022
AETNA CONNECTED ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
AETNA (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
AETNA MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
AETNA WHOLE HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
ALIGNMENT HEALTHCARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes (not applicable to services provided at High Point)
AMBETTER OF NC: Accepted at all locations
AMERIHEALTH CARITAS NEXT ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
APEX MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
BCBSNC (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
BCBS HIGH PERFORMANCE (NATIONAL NETWORK): Accepted at all locations
BLUE LOCAL (WFBH INDIVIDUAL & WFBH X_Group): Accepted at all locations
BLUE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
BLUE VALUE: Accepted at all locations
CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
CIGNA: Accepted at all locations
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at NCBH and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes)
CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Wilkes)
CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
COVENTRY/WELLPATH: Accepted at all locations
CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
DEVOTED HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
DIRECT NET: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not contracted, very low to no volume for CHC)
FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC): Accepted at NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for WFUHS, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED): Accepted at all locations
HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and LMC (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
HEALTHTEAM ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA CHOICECARE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
MEDCOST: Accepted at all locations
MEDCOST ULTRA: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not applicable at CHC)
OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC: Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie and CHC (not contracted, very low to no volume for LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC and Wilkes)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS (not applicable for services provided at NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED HEALTHCARE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE ESSENTIALS ACA/EXCHANGE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
VA CCN: Accepted at all locations
WELLCARE: Accepted at all locations
WELLPATH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC