- 2.5 pounds of wings, cut at joints
- 1 Tbs. of garlic powder
- 1 Tbs. of paprika
- ¼ Tbs. of ground black pepper
- ½ Tbs. of onion powder
- ½ Tbs. ground thyme
- ½ Tbs. oregano
- ½-1 Tbs. salt
1 Tsp. of chili powder
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted
- 2 Tsp. minced garlic (2-3 cloves)
- 1 Tsp. of wing seasoning
- 2 Tbs. Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tsp. of parsley flakes
Directions for sauce:
Mix all ingredients together in a small bowl.
2. Rinse and cut wings, pat dry.
3. In a large bowl season wings with garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, onion powder, thyme, oregano, salt and chili powder.
4. Add wings to a greased baking pan. Bake uncovered for 25 minutes.
5. After 25 minutes, flip wings. Bake for an additional 15 minutes.
6. Remove pan and with a cooking brush or spoon, generously add the chicken wing sauce to the wings.
7. Return wings to the oven, cook for an additional 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked.
8. For crispier wings, turn heat up to 425 degrees for the last ten minutes.
Chili Cheese 1,2,3 Dip
- 1(8 oz.) package cream cheese
- 8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- 1(15 oz.) can no-bean chili (such as Hormel)
- Jalapeno, nacho slices (optional)
- 1(15 oz.) bag of your favorite corn chips
1. In a small casserole dish spread the cream cheese evenly all over the bottom.
2. Top with the can of chili.
3. Top with the shredded cheese.
4. Add as many jalapeño slices as you wish. If the kids are coming, I will just top half the dish or leave them out altogether and serve them on the side.
5. Bake in a 350° oven until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.
Cajun Shrimp Tacos
- 2 Tbs. buttermilk
- 2 Tbs. canola mayonnaise (such as Hellmann's)
- 1/2 Tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 Tsp. white vinegar
- 2 oz. queso fresco, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 Tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 Tsp. ground cumin
- 3/4 Tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 Tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 Tsp. salt
- 1/4 Tsp. dried thyme
- 1/4 Tsp. ground red pepper
- 1-pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Cooking spray
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1/2 cup diced plum tomato
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and roughly mashed
Step 1: Combine first 5 ingredients in a small bowl; set aside.
Step 2: Combine paprika and next 6 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add shrimp to bag; seal and shake well to coat. Remove shrimp.
Step 3: Heat a grill pan over high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add shrimp; cook 2 minutes per side or until done.
Step 4: Working with 1 tortilla at a time, heat tortillas over medium-high heat directly on the eye of a burner for about 15 seconds on each side or until lightly charred. Divide shrimp evenly among tortillas; divide tomato, avocado, and sauce evenly among tacos.