- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 1 3/4 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Line colander with a paper towel. Place quinoa on the paper towel. Rinse the quinoa under running water for 30 seconds. The quinoa will foam. Set quinoa aside.
2. Turn a non- stick skillet onto medium-high. Add canola oil into skillet.
3. Dice garlic cloves and cook them in the oil for 1 minute.
4. Add quinoa to the skillet and cook for an additional 5 minutes, toasting the grain.
5. Add chicken broth to skillet, reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
6. Remove lid and let the rest of the chicken broth evaporate.
7. Add parmesan cheese and mix into the quinoa.
8. Remove from heat and serve.