- 4 cups shredded fresh spinach or lettuce
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots, yellow squash, or zucchini
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 2 cups sliced fresh heirloom tomatoes
- 1-10 oz. pack frozen shelled edamame, thawed
- ½ cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp. salt-free seasoning blend
- 4 slices turkey bacon, cooked, crumbled
- Layer spinach, 1 cup of the shredded carrots, mushrooms, onion, tomatoes and edamame in a 3-qt. serving bowl.
- Mix mayo, yogurt , basil and seasoning blend. Spread evenly over salad to seal; cover. Refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
- Sprinkle with remaining ½ cup carrots and bacon just before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip
Layer 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken or shrimp in the salad, if desired.