- 2 tsp. Smart Balance or olive oil
- ½ cup sliced button mushrooms
- ¼ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1 quart vegetable stock (low sodium)
- 2 Tbsp. Spice Delight all purpose essence
- 1 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- In a large stockpot, melt butter substitute.
- Add mushrooms, onion and bell pepper.
- Sauté over medium heat 4 minutes or until veggies are tender. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add chicken stock, Spice Delight All-Purpose Essence and thyme to pan; bring to a simmer.
- Add broccoli; simmer 5 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Spoon broccoli from pan into a serving bowl. Garnish with reserved mushrooms, onion and bell pepper.
Tip: Poaching adds flavor with little fat. Be sure not to overcook your vegetables so they retain their color and nutrients.