Phototherapy involves exposing the skin to ultraviolet light on a regular basis and under medical supervision.
At Wake Forest Baptist, we provide a broad array of phototherapy treatment options for patients with skin disease, including:
- NarrowBand ultraviolet B (NBUVB) phototherapy
- Combination ultraviolet A/B (UVA/B) phototherapy
- Systemic psoralen plus ultraviolet A (PUVA)
- Broadband ultraviolet B (UVB) phototherapy
- Localized delivery of ultraviolet B (UVB)
- Xtrac excimer laser
In conjunction with dermatology clinical studies, we also conduct many clinical trials of new agents designed to treat psoriasis and other skin disease.