Please submit your application online using ASHP’s Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service (PhORCAS) and include the following information:
- A current CV
- Personal statement (see instructions below)
- Pharmacy school transcripts
For your personal statement, please submit an essay that addresses the following items:
- What are your goals for a pharmacy practice residency, and how does our program meet these goals?
- Describe any research experience or training, special projects or scientific work you have completed, as well as any notable professional accomplishments you have achieved.
- What do you think is the largest obstacle facing pharmacy practice today?
- What personal interests do you have outside of pharmacy?
When submitting your application, please adhere to the following guidelines:
- Submit 3 (and only 3) references to the reference section of PhORCAS. Your reference writers only need to complete the reference section in PhORCAS; they do not need to attach aseparate letter of reference.
- You only need to submit a personal statement as described above. Please do not submit a separate letter of intent.
- Ensure your essay is in 12-point font and not more than 2 pages long.
Please consider your choice for references carefully. We want information from people who will help us get to know you and understand how well you will succeed in our program.
In general, the best reference letters come from:
- Preceptors for clinical learning experiences (these are generally the best references)
- Clinical faculty that facilitate clinical problem-solving courses
- Faculty/administrators, organizational advisers, and employers with whom you have worked on a particular project and/or who know you well
In general, the least helpful reference letters come from:
- College administrators (deans, assistant deans)
- Family/personal friends
The deadline for the PGY1 pharmacy residency program is January 1. On-site interviews will be granted for select applicants.