Due to the COVID-19 virus, effective 5 pm on Friday, March 13, all volunteer opportunities are temporarily suspended
We understand that it takes a special person to be a volunteer, and we're glad that you are interested in sharing your time and talent with the patients, guests and staff of Wake Forest Baptist Health Lexington Medical Center. The time you spend as a volunteer will benefit the entire community.
Volunteers play a vital role as members of our health care team. Volunteers enhance services by providing the “special” touches that make our patients comfortable and help with family and visitors.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Health screenings are a requirement to become a volunteer
- A T.B. test will be administered at the time of the initial health screening and annually
- All volunteers are required to wear a photo I.D. badge issued by the Medical Center Identification Office while on duty
- Flu shots are a requirement annually
Time and Commitment
- Volunteer opportunities at Lexington Medical Center are as diverse as your own interests. Training will be provided in your volunteer area.
- Volunteers are encouraged to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per week - morning, afternoon, evening or weekend.
- Volunteer assignments will be given according to need and on a first come basis. Opportunities include patient services, greeter, escort, clerical support and manual support such as wiping down equipment.
We value our volunteers and provide excellent benefits to those who serve. Some of the benefits you will receive as a volunteer:
- Complimentary parking
- Free meal voucher in LiveWell Café
- Free uniform (adult and college student volunteers only)
- Free flu vaccine
- Annual awards and recognition
- Job and school references
- Discount on qualifying prescriptions
How to Apply
Please complete the volunteer application for Lexington Medical Center.
If you are having trouble submitting an application from the link provided above, please print and mail the completed application to:
Wake Forest Baptist Health – Lexington Medical Center
Patient & Family Relations
250 Hospital Drive
Lexington, NC 27292