The deadline for the 2023 Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Summer VolunTeen Program has passed. Check back for more information.
Thank you for your interest in the 2023 Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Summer VolunTeen Program! Please read all of the information and application materials carefully and follow the specific instructions.
The Summer VolunTeen Program is designated for students ages 14 through 18 (applicant must be 14 years old on or before May 31, 2023, and not graduating this school year).
The 4-week Summer VolunTeen Program will start on Monday, July 10, and end on Friday, August 4. Each VolunTeen will be required to volunteer 2 full assigned days each week. The assigned Monday through Thursday volunteer days will remain the same each week with an 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. shift. Each VolunTeen must dedicate 64 volunteer hours to complete the requirements for the program and be eligible to participate in the program the following summer (if applicable).
A complete application submission includes:
- Submit an online application – elect Summer VolunTeen Program – Winston-Salem, Lexington, Wilkes or PATH VolunTeen-High Point as volunteer type. *You MUST click on application to submit an application in the Volunteer Services' database system.
- Download the Application Packet for the location where you want to volunteer:
Note: It is important that you select the packet for the correct location to ensure you are registering with the correct Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist site. *Each selected participant can only participate in one Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Summer VolunTeen Program each summer.
Submit the following forms in your Application Packet:
- Essay (Typed only – not handwritten)
- Signed Agreement and Parental Consent
- Two Teacher Recommendation Forms (must be in signed and sealed envelopes)
Applicants who fail to submit an online volunteer application, submit an incomplete application packet or submit an application packet after the deadline will not be considered for the program.