Updated March 10, 2021
We continue to refine our family and visitor guidelines for the well-being of our patients, their loved ones and our staff. As of March 9, 2021, we have updated our guidelines for adult patients to allow two visitors per patient per day. Visitors may not switch out during the day and should wear a mask at all times and refrain from roaming around the facility to ensure the protection of both patients and staff.
For patients who are not COVID-19-positive or suspected to have COVID-19:
- For hospitalized patients, two visitors per day may stay as long as they wish during the hours of 6 am – 8 pm. Switching between family members/visitors is not permitted. Overnight stays with adult patients are not permitted.
- To maintain social distancing, no family members/visitors are allowed in ED waiting rooms, unless the patient meets special visitation situations.
- Only one healthy, adult visitor is allowed for non-PUI patients in the ED treatment space, 24/7.
- Once patients are admitted from the ED, guidelines for hospitalized patients are in effect.
- Two healthy parents or legal guardians may accompany pediatric patients at all times. This includes pediatric patients who are hospitalized, undergoing same-day procedures or surgeries, or visiting the Brenner Children’s ED or outpatient clinics.
- One visitor is allowed for the patient’s entire stay.
- A labor coach is allowed from admission for labor to completion of delivery recovery. For C-section deliveries, only one visitor may accompany the patient, and a labor coach will not be permitted.
- This includes The Birth Center at Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center and other labor and delivery units in our health system.
Restrictions remain in place for adult COVID-19-positive patients and those who are suspected of having COVID-19. No visitors are permitted, except at end of life.
Thank you for your patience during this challenging time. If you have questions, please contact your care team.