To help our community prepare for a possible increase in patients with symptoms of respiratory illness, Family Medicine – Sunset Avenue has expanded services to serve as a temporary respiratory symptom clinic while continuing care for patients who regularly receive care at Family Medicine – Sunset Avenue.
People with symptoms of respiratory illness should first call their primary care provider for a telephone screening to determine whether they need to be seen in person at the respiratory symptom clinic.
*An appointment is required to be seen at the respiratory symptom clinic. If primary care refers you to the respiratory symptom clinic, please call 336-702-5427 to schedule an appointment.
*Additionally, call the respiratory symptom clinic upon arriving for your scheduled appointment.
Family Medicine - Sunset Avenue has been serving families in the Asheboro and surrounding communities since 1957. We see patients of all ages, from newborns to seniors and provide a wide range of medical services including preventative, acute illness and injury care, chronic disease management and a lab. We are honored to serve you and your family.
We believe the key to treatment is prevention of disease before it begins or before it gets serious. Therefore, we will devote time to the discussion of health maintenance, while explaining treatment plans and recommendations with you. We consider our patients to be an integral part of the treatment team, encouraging them to take responsibility for their ongoing health and well-being.
In order to avoid undue waiting, we ask your cooperation in scheduling check-ups and complete physicals as far ahead as possible.
Our services include:
- Well baby, child and adult physical examinations
- Diagnosis and treatment of acute illness
- Management of chronic conditions
- Minor office surgery (including repair of lacerations, mole and cyst removal and skin biopsies)
- Gynecological exams and treatment
- Treatment of sports injuries and orthopaedic conditions
- Comprehensive pediatric care
- Screenings for cardiac, respiratory, vision and hearing
- Referral to other specialists or to community resources for specialized evaluation or treatment