We are proud to offer our cancer expertise and services across our network; Statesville, Hickory, Winston-Salem, Clemmons, Hendersonville, Elkin, Mt Airy, Sparta, Lexington, High Point and now Wilkes.
The Wilkes cancer program is part of the Wake Forest Baptist Health Comprehensive Cancer Center (CCC) network. The CCC is the only center designated by the National Cancer Institute in the Triad and western North Carolina, and is one of only 51 in the country.
The Wilkes medical oncology team works with other Wake Forest Baptist Health radiation, gynecologic and surgical oncologists to ensure a multidisciplinary approach to cancer patients, with deep expertise in all types of cancer, from the most common to very rare diseases.
The Wilkes medical oncology team specializes in diagnosing and treating cancer and blood-related disorders.
Cancer care and services we offer:
- Diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- Diagnosis and treatment of benign and malignant blood disorders
- Access to the latest cancer treatments
- On-site chemotherapy infusion
- Patient consultations
- On-site laboratory services
- On-site pharmacy
- PET imaging (available in early September)
- Mammography services
- Access to cancer clinical trials