The new, state-of-the-art Emergency Department at Davie Medical Center is open 24/7 to serve Davie County and surrounding communities. The Emergency Department provides convenient, high-quality care for adults and children with injuries and sudden illnesses.
Our world class, board-certified emergency physicians and specially trained nurses are dedicated to providing immediate treatment for all medical emergencies.
The Emergency Department was designed with your care in mind. From the moment you arrive through your entire care process, our team of emergency specialists is committed to giving you and your family the best, most efficient care available in a safe, comfortable environment.
Our new facility features
- 16 private treatment rooms
- Two procedure rooms
- Seven observation beds for patients needing to stay overnight
- Advanced technology, including X-ray, CT, ultrasound devices and telemedicine for immediate stroke assessments
- Full-service laboratory
Patients with complex problems who need additional care not immediately available at Davie Medical Center have access to Wake Forest Baptist's large network of medical experts and if needed, may be taken to Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center for inpatient care.
You should seek Emergency Care when experiencing:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Loss of consciousness
- Serious trauma
- Severe burns
- Broken bones
- Severe abdominal pain
- Vomiting that is severe and continues for several hours
- Deep cuts and abrasions where bleeding is uncontrollable
- Pregnancy-related medical conditions
- Facial drooping
- Arm weakness
- Speech difficulty
About 1 in 4 patients are sick enough to be admitted to the hospital and more than 50 percent of patients need X-rays, scans, blood work or IV therapy.