The mission of FaithHealth Ministries is to build, align and animate religious and community assets to improve access to health care and the health of the community, beginning with those served by Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center.
Supporting patients spiritually and offering ministries of growth, hope and healing is part of the work of Wake Forest BaptistHealth, which since its earliest days has been an innovator in forging health and spiritual connections.
FaithHealth Ministries' programs include:
- FaithHealthNC helps ease the journey to health and healing for people and the communities in which they live by connecting the caring strengths of congregations, the clinical expertise of providers and a variety of community resources. FaithHealthNC also serves as a liaison between Wake Forest Baptist and congregations of all denominations. FaithHealthNC Supporters of Health are staff members who work in under-served areas of Winston-Salem in collaboration with various community-based agencies to connect patients with vital medical and non-medical resources.
- FaithHealth Education designs and conducts the programs for interns and residents in Clinical Pastoral Education. FaithHealth Education designs and conducts the programs for interns and residents in Clinical Pastoral Education.
- FaithHealth Chaplaincy and Clinical Ministries chaplains chaplains provide spiritual aid and other support to patients, their family members and employees at Wake Forest Baptist and are available 24 hours a day. Chaplains can be contacted 8 am - 5 pm, Monday through Friday, at 336-716-4745. After normal business hours you may call the hospital operator or ask your nurse to page the on-call chaplain.
- CareNet, a partner of FaithHealth, licensed counselors and psychotherapists provide faith-integrated counseling, therapy, education and professional services to individuals, families, groups, congregations, nonprofits and communities throughout North Carolina.
- The Center for Congregational Health provides ministry and training to faith communities, lay leaders and clergy members across the country and in several foreign countries. The Center for Congregational Health is one of the oldest and most respected church consulting institutions in the United States.
Chapel and Worship Services
The Davis Memorial Chapel is located on the first floor of Watlington Hall and is open 24 hours a day for prayer and meditation. Services are offered at the following times for patients, families, and staff:
- Worship service – Wednesdays at noon
- Prayer service – Mondays and Fridays at noon
Those attending services should feel free to dress informally.