Ratings and Reviews
43 Ratings 4 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.8|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.8|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.8|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.9|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.8|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.9|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.8|
|Wait time at clinic||4.4|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, Pacific Lutheran University, 1987
- MD, Medical College of Wisconsin, 1995
- Internal Medicine, Medical College Wisconsin Affiliated Hospitals, 1996
- Neurology, Duke University Medical Center, 1999
- Cerebrovascular Disease , Duke University School of Medicine, 2001
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Vascular Neurology
- American Academy of Neurology
- American Heart Association
- American Neurological Association
- American Society of Neuroimaging
- Professor, Neurology
- Professor, Office of Research
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Sex differences in stroke: Challenges and opportunities. Bushnell CD, Chaturvedi S, Gage KR, Herson PS, Hurn PD, Jiménez MC, Kittner SJ, Madsen TE, McCullough LD, McDermott M, Reeves MJ, Rundek T. J. Cereb. Blood Flow Metab. 2018 Dec; 38(12):2179-2191.
- Canadian Stroke Best Practice Consensus Statement: Acute Stroke Management during pregnancy. Ladhani NNN, Swartz RH, Foley N, Nerenberg K, Smith EE, Gubitz G, Dowlatshahi D, Potts J, Ray JG, Barrett J, Bushnell C, Bal S, Chan WS, Chari R, El Amrani M, Gandhi S, Hill MD, James A, Jeerakathil T, Jin A, Kirton A, Lanthier S, Lausman A, Leffert LR, Mandzia J, Menon B, Pikula A, Poppe A, Saposnik G, Sharma M, Bhogal S, Smitko E, Lindsay MP. Int J Stroke. 2018 10; 13(7):743-758.
- Sex differences in the evaluation and treatment of acute ischaemic stroke. Bushnell C, Howard VJ, Lisabeth L, Caso V, Gall S, Kleindorfer D, Chaturvedi S, Madsen TE, Demel SL, Lee SJ, Reeves M. Lancet Neurol. 2018 Jul; 17(7):641-650.
- Effect of Adherence to Antihypertensive Medication on the Long-Term Outcome After Hemorrhagic Stroke in Korea. Kim J, Bushnell CD, Lee HS, Han SW. Hypertension. 2018 08; 72(2):391-398.
- Prevention and Management of Stroke in Obstetrics and Gynecology. Barghouthi T, Bushnell C. Clin Obstet Gynecol. 2018 06; 61(2):235-242.