Severe Weather Alert Update: 2 pm Monday, Dec. 10
All Wake Forest Baptist Health clinics and Urgent Care locations in Winston-Salem and Hickory will open at 10 am on Tuesday, Dec., 11.
Locations in Asheboro, Lexington, Wilkes, High Point, Greensboro, Mt. Airy and Elkin will open at 12 pm on Tuesday, Dec. 11, except for the following locations which will open at 10 am:
If you have questions, please contact your clinic directly. Find your clinic online.
Conditions and Treatments
- Stereotactic Body Radiotherapy
- Conformal External Beam Radiation Therapy
- Intensity Modulated Radiotherapy (IMRT)
Ratings and Reviews
95 Ratings 6 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.6|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.6|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.6|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.7|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.6|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.7|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.7|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.6|
|Wait time at clinic||4.1|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- MD, Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2006
- Internal Medicine, University Hospital (University of Michigan), 2007
- Radiation Oncology, University Hospital (University of Michigan), 2011
- American Board of Radiology, Radiation Oncology
- Radiological Society of North America
- American Society for Radiation Oncology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
- American Association of Women Radiologists
- Assistant Professor, Radiation Oncology
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Association Between Inflammatory Biomarker C-Reactive Protein and Radiotherapy-Induced Early Adverse Skin Reactions in a Multiracial/Ethnic Breast Cancer Population.. Hu JJ, Urbanic JJ, Case LD, Takita C, Wright JL, Brown DR, Langefeld CD, Lively MO, Mitchell SE, Thakrar A, Bryant D, Baglan K, Strasser J, Baez-Diaz L, Lesser GJ, Shaw EG. J. Clin. Oncol. 2018 Aug; 36(24):2473-2482.
- Intracystic papillary carcinoma of the breast: A SEER database analysis of implications for therapy.. Mogal H, Brown DR, Isom S, Griffith K, Howard-McNatt M. Breast. 2016 Jun; 27:87-92.
- Accelerated Unilateral Radiographic Huntingtonian Changes Following Neoadjuvant Chemotherapy for a Nongerminomatous Germ Cell Tumor Leading to Identification of Occult Disease in the Dorsal Striatum.. Lucas JT, Zapadka M, Houseknecht K, Buckley KS, Couture DE, Brown DR. J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2016 Mar; 38(2):161-2.
- Histone deacetylase inhibitors modulate renal disease in the MRL-lpr/lpr mouse.. Mishra N, Reilly CM, Brown DR, Ruiz P, Gilkeson GS. J. Clin. Invest. 2003 Feb; 111(4):539-52.