Conditions and Treatments
- Ventricular Assist Device
- Aortic Aneurysm Repair (Open Surgery)
- Heart Surgery
Ratings and Reviews
51 Ratings 6 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.7|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.7|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.8|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.9|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.8|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.7|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.7|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.6|
|Wait time at clinic||4.5|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BA, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1989
- MD, Wake Forest School of Medicine, 1994
- Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, 1995
- Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, 1996
- Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, 2000
- Cardiothoracic Surgery, Wake Forest University School of Medicine Affiliated Hospitals, 2002
- Surgery , Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 1998
- American Board of Surgery,
- American Board of Thoracic Surgery, Thoracic and Cardiac Surgery
- Southern Thoracic Surgery Association
- Professor, Surgical Sciences - Cardiothoracic Surgery
- Associate Professor, Institute for Regenerative Medicine
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Comparison of outcomes with surgical cut-down versus percutaneous transfemoral transcatheter aortic valve replacement: TAVR transfemoral access comparisons between surgical cut-down and percutaneous approach. Drafts BC, Choi CH, Sangal K, Cammarata MW, Applegate RJ, Gandhi SK, Kincaid EH, Kon N, Zhao DX. Catheter Cardiovasc Interv. 2018 06; 91(7):1354-1362.
- Factor IX complex for the treatment of severe bleeding after cardiac surgery. Clark KB, Kon ND, Hammon JW, MacGregor DA, Kincaid EH, Reichert MG. J. Cardiovasc. Pharmacol. 2013 Jul; 62(1):67-71.
- Effect of a dexmedetomidine substitution during a nationwide propofol shortage in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass graft surgery. Reichert MG, Jones WA, Royster RL, Slaughter TF, Kon ND, Kincaid EH. Pharmacotherapy. 2011 Jul; 31(7):673-7.
- Anterior leaflet augmentation for ischemic mitral regurgitation in patients with anomalous left coronary artery from the pulmonary artery and preserved left ventricular function. Hines MH, Kincaid EH, Cook AL, Kon ND. J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2011 Sep; 142(3):716-8.
- Cannula design reduces particulate and gaseous emboli during cardiopulmonary bypass for coronary revascularization. Lata AL, Hammon JW, Deal DD, Stump DA, Kincaid EH, Kon ND. Perfusion. 2011 May; 26(3):239-44.