Severe Weather Alert: 12:40 pm Sunday, Dec. 9
All Wake Forest Baptist Health clinics, including Urgent Care locations, will be closed Monday, Dec. 10.
Ratings and Reviews
60 Ratings 5 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.9|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||4.9|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.9|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||4.9|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||4.9|
|Patients' confidence in CP||4.9|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.8|
|Wait time at clinic||3.7|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- MD, Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2009
- Neurology, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 2013
- Neurology, Johns Hopkins Hospital, 2015
- American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Neurology
- Assistant Professor, Neurology
- Assistant Professor, Hematology and Oncology
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Resident & Fellow Rounds.. Millichap JJ, Strowd RE. Neurology. 2018 Aug; 91(9):423-425.
- Glioblastoma radiomics: can genomic and molecular characteristics correlate with imaging response patterns?. Soike MH, McTyre ER, Shah N, Puchalski RB, Holmes JA, Paulsson AK, Miller LD, Cramer CK, Lesser GJ, Strowd RE, Hinson WH, Mott RT, Johnson AJ, Lo HW, Laxton AW, Tatter SB, Debinski W, Chan MD. Neuroradiology. 2018 Oct; 60(10):1043-1051.
- Hypoxia-inducible factor 2a: a novel target in gliomas.. Renfrow JJ, Soike MH, Debinski W, Ramkissoon SH, Mott RT, Frenkel MB, Sarkaria JN, Lesser GJ, Strowd RE. Future Med Chem. 2018 Sep; 10(18):2227-2236.
- Outcomes for Anaplastic Glioma Treated With Radiation Therapy With or Without Concurrent Temozolomide.. McTyre E, Lucas JT, Helis C, Farris M, Soike M, Mott R, Laxton AW, Tatter SB, Lesser GJ, Strowd RE, Lo HW, Debinski W, Chan MD. Am. J. Clin. Oncol. 2018 Aug; 41(8):813-819.
- Resident & Fellow Rounds.. Millichap JJ, Strowd RE. Neurology. 2018 Jul; 91(5):231-233.
- A Study of a GLioma Atkins-based Diet (GLAD) in Patients with High-Grade Astrocytoma
- Determining the Competence of the Immune System over the First Year of Therapy in Patients with Malignant Glioma
- Evaluation of High-Dose Systemic Methotrexate in Patients with Breast Cancer and Leptomeningeal Metastasis