Conditions and Treatments
- Anxiety Disorders
- Age-Related Hearing Loss
Ratings and Reviews
15 Ratings 1 Comments
|CP concern for questions/worries||4.9|
|CP efforts to include in decisions||4.9|
|CP explanations of prob/condition||5.0|
|CP spoke using clear language||4.9|
|Friendliness/courtesy of CP||5.0|
|Likelihood of recommending CP||5.0|
|Patients' confidence in CP||5.0|
|Time CP spent with patient||4.9|
|Wait time at clinic||4.7|
The overall Patient Rating score is the average of responses to the nine questions listed below. The questions are from the Press Ganey Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a 1 to 5 scale, where 1 represents "very poor" and 5 represents "very good.
- BSc, University of Tennessee, 1998
- MD, University of Tennessee College of Medicine, 2002
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 2003
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 2005
- Internal Medicine, North Carolina Baptist Hospital, 2006
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Geriatric Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine, Internal Medicine
- American Geriatrics Society
- American Medical Association
- Associate Professor, Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine
Wake Forest Baptist accepts most major health insurance plans for hospital, physician and clinic services and participates in Medicare and Medicaid government programs. For more information, visit Billing and Insurance.
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (physician services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
Davie - Davie Medical Center
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/pr CHC
NC - Not contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
|WAKE FOREST BAPTIST HEALTH|
|MANAGED CARE CONTRACTS - December 2017|
|AETNA (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|BCBSNC (PPO & HMO)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||N/A|
|CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC)||NC||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED)||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE)||X||X||NC||X||NC||NC|
|HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH)||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY)||X||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY)||X||X||X||NC||X||NC|
|TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA)||X||X||NC||NC||NC||NC|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH||X||X||N/A||N/A||X||N/A|
|UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY)||X||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE||X||X||X||X||X||X|
|LEXINGTON ONLY - Contracts specific to support Lexington employer groups, low volume|
|NATIONAL PROVIDER NETWORK/MEDICAL RESOURCES|
|CHC ONLY - Contracts specific to support CHC|
|AETNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH|
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH (limited providers)
|THN - TRIAD HEALTH NETWORK MA Plans only (Humana Medicare and Healthteam Advantage)|
|N/A = not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC|
|NC = Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC|
|WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)|
|NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital|
|DAVIE - Davie Medical Center|
|LMC - Lexington Medical Center|
|CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare|
|Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center|
- Intern Boot Camp: Feasibility and impact of a 1-hour session to ensure graduating medical student competency in falls risk assessment.. Omlor RL, Watkins FS, Lawlor JS, Lovato JF, Fino NF, Atkinson HH. Gerontol Geriatr Educ. ; 38(3):346-353.
- Utilizing a Meals on Wheels program to teach falls risk assessment to medical students.. Demons JL, Chenna S, Callahan KE, Davis BL, Kearsley L, Sink KM, Watkins FS, Williamson JD, Atkinson HH. Gerontol Geriatr Educ. 2014; 35(4):409-20.
- The relationship between pressure ulcer prevalence, body mass index, and Braden scales and subscales: a further analysis.. Pokorny ME, Rose MA, Watkins F, Swanson M, Kirkpatrick MK, Wu Q. Adv Skin Wound Care. 2014 Jan; 27(1):26-30.
- Teaching medical student geriatrics competencies in 1 week: an efficient model to teach and document selected competencies using clinical and community resources.. Atkinson HH, Lambros A, Davis BR, Lawlor JS, Lovato J, Sink KM, Demons JL, Lyles MF, Watkins FS, Callahan KE, Williamson JD. J Am Geriatr Soc. 2013 Jul; 61(7):1182-7.
- Prevalence of flexible bronchoscopic removal of foreign bodies in the advanced elderly.. Boyd M, Watkins F, Singh S, Haponik E, Chatterjee A, Conforti J, Chin R. Age Ageing. 2009 Jul; 38(4):396-400.