At our Allergy and Immunology clinics, we provide more options, resources and services for diagnosis and treatment than are readily available at many other medical facilities. Patients see allergist/immunologists who include nationally recognized experts in the field, and are certified by the American Board of Allergy & Immunology, a conjoint board of the American Board of Internal Medicine and American Board of Pediatrics. Our faculty physicians also train subspecialty physicians and engage in research. Our services feature:
- A truly multi-disciplinary approach that involves extensive patient education and close communication with referring physicians.
- Cutting edge diagnostics and treatment modalities: Our practice philosophy reflects the most current and valid research in the field.
- Greater ability than most offices and clinics to perform challenges to food and drugs to help diagnose food and drug allergies, and to perform drug desensitization when needed.
- Evaluation of patients with frequent or unusual infections, as the largest center for the diagnosis and treatment of primary immunodeficiency in the Western North Carolina and Western Virginia region.
- Use of state of the art recommendations for providing specific allergy immunotherapy (allergy shots), and a focus on treating each individual for their own unique allergic profile.
We care for adults and children with:
- Nasal and sinus problems (both allergic and non allergic)
- Drug allergy
- Food allergy
- Recurrent infections and primary immune deficiency disorders
- Hives (urticaria), allergic skin problems, and angioedema
- Stinging insect allergy