- 1 cup cooked farro (1/2 cup dried)
- 8 ounce pack of pre-cooked beets, halved
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 7 ounces mixed salad greens
- 8 pitted dried prunes, chopped
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds, chopped
1. Cook farro according to package directions.
2. Turn skillet on medium heat. Add almonds and toast for 3-4 minutes.
3. Prepare salad ingredients:
- Slice beets in half
- Chop prunes
4. In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
5. In a large bowl, combine mixed greens, dried prunes and beets.
6. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Toss to coat.
7. Arrange salad on plate. Top with blue cheese, almonds and farro.