The Community Collaborative is a cross-functional initiative that explores, connects, and enhances Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist’s efforts around trust building and caring for teammates, patients, learners, and our community.
*The Community Collaborative initiated from the work of the Diversity and Inclusion Cabinet in 2019. It connects key bodies of work around Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion, health equity, social impact, philanthropy, and community-driven health work.
- Cross-Functional Sharing & Connection – Provides space across the system to share work/plans, best practices, and impact, as well as opportunities to connect assets and work for greater impact
- Elevation of the Voice of Stakeholders – Serves as a constant listener that synthesizes and elevates critical issues and opportunities to leadership
- Think Tank – Provides a flexible structure to creatively tackle systems change efforts and serves as a mechanism for teammates, learners, and community members to bring ideas and challenges that can benefit from diverse perspectives
- Materiality – Develops relevant Emblematic Projects and models for impact based on stakeholder input tied to organizational goals/objectives, including Culture Commitments and the Change Agenda for Racial Equity
- Communications – Serves as a communications hub for work centered around trust and caring for community, leveraging the Community Collaborative website
- Representation – The Community Collaborative benefits from a diverse representation of JEDI/DEI, health equity, social impact, philanthropy, research, People Team, marketing and communications leaders and beyond who work in partnership with community members and community-driven work aimed at better health outcomes for ALL.
Current Emblematic Projects
- Community Collaborative Website – The Community Collaborative website is a critical co-created tool that shares collectively how we care for one another. It is also a place where teammates, patients, learners, and community can connect, engage, and/or initiate/deepen work centered around trust building and caring for our community.
- Past/Present/Future Docu-Series – A docu-series about how understanding our past, as well as the present work we do contributes to providing the best care for ALL today and in the future.
- Year of Belonging/Trust Initiative - Partnership to drive trust-focused initiatives that advance Justice, Equity, Diversity & Inclusion strategies, the Change Agenda for Racial Equity, and community-driven health work.
For more information or questions regarding the Community Collaborative, contact us here.