We understand that it takes a special person to be a volunteer, and we're glad that you've chosen to share your time and talent with the patients, guests and staff of Wake Forest Baptist Health. The time you spend as a volunteer will benefit the entire community.
We provide opportunities to communities surrounding Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, Davie Medical Center, Medical Plaza - Clemmons, High Point Medical Center and Lexington Medical Center.
We will work with you so that your service to the community is a rewarding and enjoyable experience.
Becoming a Volunteer
- Health screenings are a requirement to become a volunteer
- A T.B. test will be administered at the time of the initial health screening
- All volunteers are required to wear a photo I.D. badge issued by the Medical Center Identification Office while on duty
- Flu shots are a requirement annually
Time and Commitment
- Volunteer opportunities at Wake Forest Baptist are as diverse as your own interests. Training will be provided in your volunteer area.
- Volunteers are encouraged to volunteer a minimum of 4 hours per week - morning, afternoon, evening or weekend.
- Volunteer assignments will be given according to need and on a first come basis.
We value our volunteers and provide excellent benefits to those who serve. Some of the benefits you will receive as a volunteer:
- Complimentary parking
- Free meal (value $6)
- Free uniform (adult and college student volunteers only)
- Free flu vaccine
- Annual awards and recognition
- Job and school references
How to Apply
To become a volunteer, please complete the volunteer application form.
You will also need to mail or drop off a completed background check and employee health form. We recommend that you review the Summary of Your Rights Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act before completing the background check form.
After your paperwork has been processed and the background check has been cleared, we will contact you to set up an interview.
Wake Forest Baptist Health
Medical Center Boulevard
Winston-Salem, NC 27157