Advocate Health Administrative Fellowship
Become a future leader with Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist, now part of Advocate Health
The Advocate Health Administrative Fellowship is comprised of four market brands - Aurora Health Care, Advocate Health Care, Atrium Health and Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist. It is a one-year, project-based program that selects multiple fellows each year and is designed to provide fellows with broad knowledge of clinical and corporate operations and strategic planning. Under the guidance of their preceptor, fellows gain substantial experience and exposure to diverse leaders, divisions, departments and cross-functional teams throughout the organization.
Specifically, fellows will each lead projects that advance Advocate Health’s commitment; is anchored in our strategic priorities and impacts the continuum of health and care. Ample opportunities will be available for fellows to lead and be active participants in projects and initiatives as determined. In addition, fellows will be supported by a community of leaders and former fellows, and encouraged to pursue their interests in operations, strategy, finance, quality, human resources, business development and/or other areas of health care.
Collectively, Advocate Health and its delivery care brands, Aurora Health Care, Advocate Health Care, Atrium Health and Atrium Wake Forest Baptist have participated in offering administrative fellowships for over 40 years. The Advocate Health Administrative Fellowship is focused on health system operations. Anchored with executive leadership and exposure to large-scale market operations, the fellowship provides a robust experience of challenging work in critical areas across Advocate Health that will support growth and development of the fellows as they begin a career in healthcare leadership and administration.
About Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist
Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist is a nationally recognized, regional academic health system based in Winston-Salem, North Carolina. Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist's two main components are an integrated clinical system – anchored by Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center, an 885-bed tertiary-care hospital in Winston-Salem – that includes Brenner Children's Hospital, five community hospitals, more than 350 primary and specialty care locations and more than 2,500 physicians; and Wake Forest School of Medicine, a recognized leader in experiential medical education and groundbreaking research. In October 2020, Wake Forest Baptist including Wake Forest School of Medicine, officially partnered with Charlotte-based Atrium Health to serve as the academic core of the combined enterprise and is now known as Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist.
What are the benefits of the Fellowship Program?
The Advocate Health Administrative Fellowship Program is a structured framework that allows for flexibility based on a fellow’s interest. Key objectives are to match project-based work that advances our mission and vision with the fellow’s interests to provide for a mutually beneficial relationship. These qualities include but are not limited to:
- Strong commitment from executive leadership and preceptor
- Lead a large regional project that advances enterprise strategy and/or improves health system operations
- Availability of additional enterprise and local project opportunities to advance growth and development
- Provide experiential learning opportunities that will contribute to the professional growth and organization performance
- Regular meetings with operational and clinical executive leadership
- Formal learning and development workshops and classes
- Attending executive leadership meetings
- Making formal presentations
- Networking with enterprise executives
- Attending external conferences
- Strong desire to retain former fellows for full-time employment post-program
- Current and former fellows are invited to attend a variety of formal and informal networking activities throughout the year
- Often coordinated by current and past fellows, our events offer an opportunity to share career advice, build long-term relationships and discuss ideas to maximize the program experience
An informational webinar outlining the structure, unique opportunities and leadership accessibility provided to fellows at Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist. Please register for a webinar using this link.
Use the links below to join the webinars:
- Wednesday, July 19 from 6-7 PM ET
- Monday, August 14 from 12-1 PM ET
- Friday, September 8 from 9-10 AM ET
For more information, or questions, please contact the current fellows at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Advocate Health fellows are paid an annual salary that is competitive with other administrative fellowship programs around the country. Fellows receive the full benefits package available to teammates as well as relocation assistance for those out of area.
Contact Advocate Health Administrative Fellowship
Winston-Salem, NC (Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist)
Greater Charlotte, NC (Atrium Health) and Macon, GA (Atrium Health Navicent)
Illinois (Advocate Health Care) and Wisconsin (Aurora Health Care)
Additional Fellowship Opportunities within the Advocate Health Network
To access the Advocate Health Fellowship Program’s website, click here.
To access the Atrium Health Fellowships Program’s website, click here.