If you are eligible for Medicare, you may be considering enrolling in a Medicare Advantage Plan.
Before choosing a Medicare Advantage Plan, you may want to compare several plans by asking the insurance company or a licensed insurance agent these questions:
- What's my share of the costs for services and supplies?
- Does the plan have a network of providers for some or all types of services? (You may still be able to see providers who aren't part of the plan's network if they accept the plan's payment terms. But, you may pay more.)
- Does the plan offer benefits Original Medicare doesn't cover, like vision, hearing, dental, or prescription drug coverage? (You may have to pay more for these extra benefits.)
If you decide to enroll in a Medicare Advantage plan, you should consider enrolling in a plan that enables you to continue getting care from your preferred Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist doctors and hospitals.
Why Choose Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist?
When you choose a health insurance plan with Wake Forest Baptist you get:
- Unmatched, world-class care from the region’s only nationally ranked health system which includes Brenner Children’s, Heart & Vascular center, Orthopaedics and more.
- Access to one of the largest primary care networks in the region, on-demand care including urgent care and online video visits, and the region's only Level I trauma center.
- Peace of mind that you can keep your out-of-pocket costs down when you get care from us. And know that costs will vary depending on which plan you choose.
Which Plans Include Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist Providers?
Wake Forest Baptist is an “In-Network” provider for Medicare Advantage Plans offered by:
- Aetna Medicare Solutions
- ApexHealth (This is a new plan being offered for the first time during the 2021 open enrollment)
- Alignment Healthcare
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of NC Blue Medicare
- Cigna Medicare Advantage (formerly Cigna HealthSpring)
- Healthteam Advantage
- Humana Medicare Advantage
- Liberty Advantage
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage
- Wellcare Medicare
Not all plans are offered in each county. Be sure to check with the plan when enrolling to confirm whether your preferred Atrium Health Wake Forest Baptist doctors, clinics, and hospitals are included in your plan’s network.