Ratings and Reviews
396 Ratings 240 Comments
|Listened to me||4.8|
|Clearly explained my problem or condition||4.8|
|Addressed my questions and concerns||4.8|
|Clearly explained my treatment and follow up instructions||4.8|
Within Atrium Health, we use survey results to better understand what is important to our patients and how we can improve healthcare experiences. The overall Patient Rating score comes from the questions on our Medallia Patient Experience Survey. Responses are measured on a scale, where 0 represents "very poor" and 10 represents "very good.” Those scores are shown as 1 to 5 stars on the provider’s profile.
- March 27, 2023 She is an excellent caring doctor that I would highly recommend.
- March 25, 2023 Dr plunger is very attentive & compassionate.
- March 23, 2023 Caring and knowledgeable.
- March 23, 2023 Very caring and takes time to explain your condition or problem and tells you to call if you have any more problems.
- March 23, 2023 I had several concerns that were difficult for me to explain to Dr. Punger. As always, she was patient and empathetic, and helped me explore possible solutions. It is such a relief to have her as my primary care physician!
- March 23, 2023 Doctor Punger made me feel like a partner in my health care.She listened to all my concerns patiently and recommended only the tests that were needed, nothing more.
- March 22, 2023 I just feel I’m where I need to be. I feel supported. So nice, every visit, I never doubt she has heard me.
- March 22, 2023 I feel confident in her care.
- March 21, 2023 Always enjoy appointments and conversations with Dr Punger.
- March 18, 2023 Dr. Punger was very helpful, asked the right questions, and made me feel very comfortable. I would recommend if you are in need of a new doctor to definitely make an appointment with her.
- March 18, 2023 Dr. Punger is an excellent Doctor. She takes time to listen to me and helps lead me to where I should be. Thanks Dr. Punger!! :)
- March 17, 2023 Once again her interest, concern and care were her top notch! I trust and appreciate Dr. Punger!
- March 17, 2023 She is an awesome provider!!!!!
- March 16, 2023 Listens and makes me feel like my health is important to her.
- March 16, 2023 Dr. Punger takes time to listen to me and understand what I need. She was quick to diagnose my problem and offer a solution. She delivers her diagnosis in a clear, straight-forward, understandable manner. By far, one of the best physicians I've ever had.
- March 14, 2023 A great doctor
- March 14, 2023 Kathleen Punger is attentive and caring towards my child. Thank you!
- March 14, 2023 Please let her and her staff train your other doctor offices on how to care for patients. If a person can enjoy going to the doctor this is the place to go!!
- March 12, 2023 Calm personable smart thorough and professional
- March 11, 2023 I appreciate that Dr. Punger is very concerned about her patients, using all means available to determine the problem and get the help they need.
- March 6, 2023 Caring and knowledgable.
- March 6, 2023 I really appreciate Dr. Punger. She is so caring and kind and seems truly interested in her patients. She listens intently and is very calming in her interactions. I am very thankful for all that she does for me.
- March 4, 2023 The best!
- February 28, 2023 Dr. Punger listens and will respond with what information she can.
- February 28, 2023 Dr punger listens and will have a conversation with you about what is going on.
- February 25, 2023 Dr. Punger has excellent bedside manner. She explains and takes her time to listen.
- February 24, 2023 Dr.Punger is always knowledgeable about my health and explains everything to me and why. She is patient and accommodates all my questions and concerns.
- February 23, 2023 She is extremely caring friendly trust worthy and insightful. A joy to be around.
- February 23, 2023 Dr Punger listened to and responded to my concerns both in person and on line.
- February 22, 2023 Dr. Punger was very approachable, listened to my concerns and past medical history. This was initial visit to establish care.
- February 22, 2023 I highly recommend Dr. Punger to anyone who is looking for high quality, supportive care in a provider. I always feel listened to and walk away from my visits feeling more confident about my healthcare.
- February 21, 2023 I am so fortunate to have Dr Punger as the primary member of my care team. She is thorough and caring. I always feel well cared for and that I have gotten all of the information I need to improve my health.
- February 19, 2023 Dr Punger is simply fantastic! She listens well and is very caring. As an older adult she is very interested in making sure that my health needs are properly cared for.
- February 18, 2023 Dr.Punger is always friendly and interested in what I have to say.
- February 18, 2023 Pues me sentí muy bien por que me dio tiempo para hablar y explicar lo que sentía me parese exelente. La Doctora kathleen punger
- February 14, 2023 Very friendly and professional.
- February 14, 2023 Dr. Punger listens with an ear toward providing the best care for a positive outcome. I have many underlying conditions which she understands and when making recommendations for Covid treatment she considered all medications I presently take and the effect various treatments would have concerning interactions. She listens and is a kind physician.
- February 11, 2023 She has a heart of gold. Treats me like a friend and not a patient. So much care.
- February 7, 2023 She use to care more about me and my concerns. I did not get that feeling on the last couple of visits. I tried addressing my concerns and they were brushed off.
- February 5, 2023 I was very concerned testing positive to covid as I have an immune compromising disease. Dr Punger was quick to respond and reassuring in talking to me
- February 4, 2023 Dr. Punger is a great doctor. She explained everything in a way I understood fully. She has a calm and sincere way about her. I would recommend her to anyone that needs a doctor.
- February 4, 2023 I actually look forward to my wellness visits with Dr. Punger. She is easy to talk with and very knowledgeable. She also has a great deal of empathy--at this recent visit, my stats were off a bit due to a stressful personal situation. She listened to me and figured that in to my readings, as well as provide reminders to take care of myself through this difficult time.
- February 4, 2023 Very friendly and knowledgeable. Took time to answer my questions. Love her for my doctor. Always enjoy my visits with her.
- February 1, 2023 Dr Punger continues to listen to concerns and offer appropriate suggestions/ treatments.
- February 1, 2023 I love how Dr. Punger truly listens to what I am saying and thoughtfully thinks about solutions.
- January 27, 2023 Dr. Punger is so concerned about my health she explains everything to me in a way that's easy for me to understand she is a very good doctor
- January 25, 2023 Dr. Punger clearly cares about her patients.
- January 18, 2023 Dr Punger is very kind and personable. She is a great listener! I’m so glad she is my provider.
- January 18, 2023 Dr punger has been my physician for a few years now and she genuinely cares. If I'm not doing something right then she makes it clear that I need too. I appreciate that.
- January 11, 2023 I’m a old guy and she’s the best I have ever had. She makes you feel very comfortable when you are around her. The knowledge and care that she gives you. She has a heart of gold.
- January 9, 2023 She’s a very caring and compassionate dr. She often anticipates our questions.
- January 9, 2023 She is the best doctor I have ever had. Listens, cares and truly cares for her patients. If I message her through the portal she always responds very promptly even if it is a silly questions.
- January 9, 2023 She is caring and listen so she can do what is best for you as a person.
- January 6, 2023 Great doctor
- January 6, 2023 She is great takes the time she needs with you, she makes sure to ask if you have any other concerns or questions. I highly recommend her, and her nurse Michelle is fantastic.
- January 5, 2023 Dr. Punger has always listen to my concerns and helpful and getting appointments I may need for additional tests or other Doctors. She cares about your over all health issues
- January 5, 2023 Dr. Punger is knowledgeable, caring and concerned about my health. I realize that I am in good hands. I feel good about her being my Primary Care Physician.
- December 30, 2022 She listened very carefully to me and took care of my problem.
- December 30, 2022 I was not able to get a complete after visit summary on my way out of the office.
- December 30, 2022 Excellent family care provider
- December 29, 2022 One of the BEST doctor I??ve had in my life time.
- December 28, 2022 This was my new patient visit but Dr. Punger took time to go over my health history and get to know my concerns. Dr. Punger was very thorough and kind and friendly, easy to talk to and ask questions.
- December 28, 2022 I??m so happy to have found a provider who is so compassionate and kind. Dr. Punger is a great listener and very knowledgeable. She makes facing a trip to the doctor so much more bearable!
- December 28, 2022 Doctor Punger is one of the best doctors I've encountered. She was very concise with her instructions about my health situation. She provided easy to follow guidelines on how I could improve my quality of life and improve my health. She listened to my concerns and answered my questions in detail.
- December 24, 2022 During my visit with Dr. Punger it was very satisfying. When she entered the room she was smiling and greeted me with a warm hello. As I stated earlier she was attentive to questions and concerns and took the time to listen. I didn??t feel like she was rushing through the visit, she took her time. At the end we gave each other wishes for a wonderful holiday. I felt really cared for. Thank You Dr. Punger!
- December 22, 2022 I have complete confidence in Dr. Kathleen Punger. She is an outstanding primary care physician.
- December 22, 2022 Dr Punger has been so helpful! I am dealing with diabetes and she is so encouraging.
- December 20, 2022 Awesome, caring and a friend
- December 17, 2022 I trust Dr. Punger completely!
- December 17, 2022 Very friendly, and listened to my concerns and answered my questions. I felt like I was talking to a friend rather than my doctor.
- December 17, 2022 My experiences with Dr. Punger are unwavering. She arrives genuinely engaged with all my concerns, addressing them as she ascertains what is important from her perspective. Refreshingly trustworthy.
- December 16, 2022 Dr. Punger is wonderful she is kind, listens carefully and is never judgemental. She involves the patient in all decisions.
- December 12, 2022 Thank you Dr. Punger
- December 10, 2022 Always punctual. Professional and providing wonderful care!
- December 9, 2022 My doctor was out of the office at the time of my visit, however Dr. Punger is my daughter's doctor, and was available to take my visit.
- December 6, 2022 Dr. Punger, always friendly, caring and listens. For a person of my age, she keeps check on all important areas of my health.
- December 3, 2022 Dr. Punger is very thorough and is caring.
- December 3, 2022 Great service
- November 30, 2022 Dr Punger addressed all my concerns and put me at ease. She was very caring and knowledgeable and answered every question I had.
- November 30, 2022 Very knowledgeable and trustworthy. I am very comfortable with my time spent with Dr. Punger !
- November 29, 2022 Dr. Punger was friendly, knowledgeable and awesome
- November 28, 2022 I love Dr Punger and couldn't ask for a more caring and professional doctor. She is truly the best.
- November 27, 2022 Dr. Punger was straight to the point but friendly enough to make it a good experience, as well.
- November 26, 2022 Again, Dr. Punger was very concerned about my condition. Very thorough in explaining and referring me to get further heckled out by a specialist. I was extremely impressed by the follow up phone call after seeing her.
- November 25, 2022 Calm, efficient and empathetic
- November 23, 2022 I've been looking for a doctor since January. I might have someone now that CARES and listen.
- November 17, 2022 Dr. Punger listens carefully to my questions and concerns. She gives pragmatic answers and involves me in the decision making process. I feel that we are a team in my healthcare. I depend on her for her expertise and it is my responsibility to do what I can to be healthy, i.e. eat a balanced diet, exercise, avoid harmful habits, keep my weight at a reasonable level, etc. I always feel well cared for when I see Dr. Punger.
- November 13, 2022 Dr Punger is such a caring provider
- November 11, 2022 I have been a patient and my husband for years of Dr. Plunger. We love her and all the staff as well. She answers any quietions and concerns we have and doesn't rush us to get to the other patients. She's a awesome Doctor an if she ever leaves this office we would follow her. She's awesome we have referred her to our friends as well.
- November 8, 2022 Reminded me of football saying - when you win it doesn??t hurt as much. Kathleen is a winner. She also gave me credit for knowing my body and agreed with our way of managing it.
- November 5, 2022 Always helpful and provides me with clear instructions.
- October 27, 2022 Dr. Punger doesn't just hear you, she listens to you. Professional, friendly, kind, understanding & always on your side!
- October 27, 2022 I am highly pleased and have full confidence with the care provided by Dr. Punger. She is an outstanding primary care physician.
- October 26, 2022 Dr. Punger has always seemed to care about my health. She always checks on my progress, or lack thereof, and gingerly moves me on to the next step towards my road to better health. I trust her knowledge and her desire to make sure I am in the best health possible. Thank you Dr. Punger!
- October 23, 2022 Have been seeing Dr. Punger for approx. 8 years. Feel secure in her abilities to address my health issues. She is professional and always has time to listen to my questions and concerns.
- October 21, 2022 Dr Punger is always so kind, understanding, thorough, and explains the problem thoroughly.
- October 21, 2022 She is the best Dr. I have ever had very nice and concerns about my health if every DR. Was like her the medical field would be great
- October 20, 2022 Dr punger is very caring love her
- October 19, 2022 Thorough Helpful Patient
- October 19, 2022 Dr Punger is very caring, knowledgeable and helpful in making me feel better about my health issues.
- October 18, 2022 Great patient care, very attentive and concerned.
- October 18, 2022 Dr. Punger took the time to listen to my problem and included my thoughts on the treatment plan.
- October 15, 2022 Wonderful caring doctor with great concern and compassion for her patients!!!
- October 13, 2022 A wonderful, friendly, easy manner with knowledgeable discussion of my needs. Her genuine concern gives me great confidence in her examination of my health.
- October 11, 2022 Very concerned an considerate
- October 11, 2022 Dr. Punger always asks how I am doing and how I have been. She always ask if I have questions or concerns. She is an excellent doctor.
- October 11, 2022 This group makes you feel welcome. It was a very pleasant experience.
- October 7, 2022 An excellent doctor with great presence.
- October 5, 2022 Her compassion and knowledge is very comforting. She listens and acts in a caring helpful way.
- October 2, 2022 Dr Punger clearly explained options available for treatment.
- October 2, 2022 Dr. Punger always listens to my concerns and addresses them in a caring manner.
- October 1, 2022 Dr.punger is a caring person,she is nice,and she understand the issues wth the patients
- October 1, 2022 Professional knowledgeable
- September 29, 2022 She is so caring about my health and willing to find answers to my questions. She is the best.
- September 29, 2022 She is the best doctor I have had. She cares about her patients and their welfare.
- September 29, 2022 Caring and thorough.
- September 20, 2022 A wonderful doctor. I am blessed to have her as my doctor!
- September 20, 2022 She ROCKS! She always cares about me,Listens to me and gives me the help I need. Keep up the AWESOME job you are doing!!
- September 17, 2022 Dr Punger was as she always is patient with clear and precise directions concerning what I needed to do, and what she would be doing to assist me.
- September 15, 2022 One of the best doctor's I have ever consulted.
- September 14, 2022 Dr. Punger always listens well to my concerns and never seems rushed during our visits.
- September 13, 2022 Dr. Punger is a very caring person. I like her a lot.
- September 10, 2022 she is very sincere and dedicated when listening to the patient explain her problem.
- September 8, 2022 I feel very confident in Dr. Punger answers to my concerns and when I have had to contect on MyWake I get prompt answer to any questions
- September 7, 2022 excellent, awesome, knowledgeable
- September 5, 2022 Listens in depth and provides easy to understand information.
- September 3, 2022 I??m very pleased thank you!
- September 1, 2022 I love Doctor Punger. She is responsive, informed, and helpful.
- August 30, 2022 She's the best very caring
- August 28, 2022 I have no problem with Dr.Punger. She??s always been honest and listens and explains everything. But this time we went over the allotted time and she forgot to give me prescriptions for the labs.I honestly didn??t think about it until I got home. I sent a message back and a nurse told me, I??d get the lab work done the next day when I had my appointment. I wrote back and said I had already had my year exam???she argued with me that I had an appointment the next day at 8:30 . I said I didn??t and she sent a picture of the scheduled appointment. She didn??t even realize that it was set up for next year! Everyone has either too much stress to keep on a specific schedule or the nurses aren??t being careful.
- August 27, 2022 Best Doctor that I??ve encountered.She diagnosed my condition and in my opinion she saved my life.
- August 25, 2022 Dr. Punger is a very caring doctor and she takes time to listen and explain things to you. Very friendly and makes you feel comfortable.
- August 24, 2022 I??m blessed to have had Dr. Punger as my Physician for some years now. I??m so please with Dr. Punger!
- August 24, 2022 Dr. Punger is awesome. She listens and is very caring.
- August 24, 2022 Dr. Punger is a dream come true for me. She is kind and patient, and she really listens. I have always been totally comfortable confiding in her, knowing that I will get the best possible advice.
- August 24, 2022 Dr. Punger was thorough with her questions and explanations and took the time necessary, I did not feel rushed and she was clear on when to follow up.
- August 24, 2022 It was my first visit with her. She made me feel with her concern as tho I had seen her before.
- August 20, 2022 Excellent MD
- August 20, 2022 Dr Punger is a great listener who asks insightful questions as well.
- August 12, 2022 My family doctor Kathleen Punger, MD is the best, I have never met such a good doctor like her. She so caring about my health, and uses the different ways to help me, she always has smiles on face, and dresses nice, she is beautiful too, I??m very very happy with her, she is Excellent.
- August 11, 2022 Was concerned , attentive and reassuring.
- August 11, 2022 My doctor is patient, kind, and understanding. I feel comfortable in our patient and doctor relationship, and know that I can trust her to help me reach my health goals.
- August 11, 2022 I love that Dr. Punger listens to patient concerns, clearly explains her plan for treatment and follow up.
- August 11, 2022 She very professional, calm, friendly and most of all dresses very nicely.
- August 11, 2022 Provider was rude (when I ask for blood test that It may help figured out my medical health situation at the moment) she stood up and said , ???well I have to see my other patients??, she open the door for me to leave without letting me finish taking. This is the second time she do the same thing to me.
- August 11, 2022 MY doctor is WONDERFUL
- August 10, 2022 Kathy and I work as a team. Relationship similar to her being the Captain of the ship [my body] and I am the Owner. I was born in 1933 and they do not treat me like a Child to make them feel superior.
- August 9, 2022 Dr. Punger is so caring!
- August 7, 2022 Since my first visit with Dr Punger, I have felt confident and comfortable seeing her. She has compassion and professionalism that makes her a true healer. In my opinion, Dr Punger is a great asset to the Wake Atrium Healthcare system.
- August 5, 2022 Dr. Punger always appears to listen and suggest proper approaches to solve problem(s)!
- August 4, 2022 Dr Punger was extremely attentive and spent enough time for a solid understanding of my health history. I was a first time client and look forward to continuing as her patient.
- August 4, 2022 She explained things I needed to know .Was very helpful.
- August 3, 2022 Dr. Punger pays attention to me as a whole person, family and life situations as well as physical health.
- August 3, 2022 Dr Punger cares about my issues and listens to my concerns.
- August 2, 2022 Dr Punger is excellent; she is informative, kind and professional and she has a good sense of humor. Visits with her are enjoyable.
- July 19, 2022 Dr Punger is an excellent doctor. I've been to many doctors in my lifetime and I can recognize the ones who genuinely care about their patients and she does exactly that. I wish more doctors showed the same care and concern that she does. We need more doctors like her. I give her 5 STARS!!!!
- July 19, 2022 Dr Punder was just awesome. She took her time getting to know me and listening to all my concerns. I did not feel rushed at all.
- July 16, 2022 When time to move on to next patient could be expressed in a professional manner.
- July 15, 2022 It seems like doctor training has improved. I found her respectful, not in a hurry, genuinely listening. I haven't experienced that approach in decades. I love it!
- July 14, 2022 Dr Punger is an awesome physician.
- July 12, 2022 Dr. Punger is a wonderful physician! She is personable, she hears me and listens to my concerns relevant to my overall health! I love her ???listening ear??!
- July 12, 2022 I hae always found her to be very helpful and offer suggestions to help my condition.
- July 8, 2022 Very positive experience
- July 7, 2022 I like Dr punger, she always listen when it comes to health!
- July 6, 2022 Dr. Punger is a warm, caring, thorough & superb professional. She listens to her patients, suggests helpful solutions, and overall, is a wonderful personal primary physician.
- July 6, 2022 I've read some horrible on line reviews but those reviews do not reflect my experiences- she has always been professional, helpful and personable. I'm glad she is my Primary Care Physician.
- July 2, 2022 Dr Punger is a very caring physician. She listens and clearly explains everything.
- July 2, 2022 Very concerned about your well being and explains procedures than were done and results. Wants to make sure you know you can contact if questions or concerns
- July 2, 2022 The best!
- June 30, 2022 Very Good person & Provider. Always friendly, cheerful, helpful and is concerned about my well-being and my family.
- June 30, 2022 Dr Punger made my first visit to Atrium Health WF Baptist Family a great one. She was thorough in her review of my medical history, gave ample time to me during my appt, and made me feel relaxed.
- June 30, 2022 She was very helpful and understanding about everything she is a good doctor and I like her
- June 29, 2022 Dr. Punger is a tremendous doctor, very capable and understanding of those who come to the practice. She is able to augment our understanding of what we are facing without diminishing our own efforts to educate ourselves, a credit to Atrium Health and our community.
- June 29, 2022 She was thorough and kind
- June 28, 2022 Dr Punger is awesome. She is calm refreshing and listens to issues. Cares about patients. Seeks to resolve issues with follow up tests etc.
- June 26, 2022 I have been seeing her for years. She knows me and my history. I love her.
- June 26, 2022 Dr Punger is an excellent listener. She is highly competent and shows a genuine interest in her patients and their medical concerns.
- June 25, 2022 I like the fact is that she wants me to get off my medication.
- June 23, 2022 Dr. Punger listened to me and gave me helpful, practical advice and feedback. She was easy to talk to.
- June 22, 2022 Dr Punter was very helpful in reviewing my previous care. Blood test ordered promptly and follow up was excellent.
- June 22, 2022 Dr. Punger, First of all is an (AMAZING) doctor. I??ve been a patient with her for 6+ years. Throughout those years my body went through various transformations mostly good, and definitely some not so good. I was always impressed by how Dr. Punger referred me to specialist that was the best at what they did in their field of study. She is so knowledgeable of that. I am guessing it??s just her ****! If you??re looking for quality care Dr. Punger would be the one to see.
- June 22, 2022 Kathleen Punger seemed really concerned about my questions and my issues and listened carefully.
- June 16, 2022 Dr. Punger provides outstanding primary care in a thoughtful, sincere and caring manner. With short appointment periods, she spends time wisely and efficiently addressing all issues in your best interests. Follow-up summary and messages showed a thorough review of findings with appropriate recommendations. I have complete confidence with Dr. Punger??s broad medical knowledge and felt this visit was meaningful and reassuring.
- June 16, 2022 After sending a message that I had tested positive for covid, a nurse called me within minutes and arranged the video appointment with Dr Punger, also within minutes.
- June 16, 2022 Very personable
- June 9, 2022 Dr. Punger was punctual and very attentive. This was a blood pressure check is it but she still took the time to answer a few other questions.
- June 6, 2022 Dr. Punger is an awesome provider. She always listens and truly cares!
- June 2, 2022 She really is concerned about me and ask about my family when I lost my sister and my brother she was concerned to me Dr. Punger is the best .I have had lots of Doctors in my life . Thank you Jesus for the Doctors we have
- June 1, 2022 I am delighted that I found Dr. Punger.
- May 30, 2022 Dr Punger is so caring, compassionate and professional! She is in tune with my health and always has great solutions to any issues I may be experiencing. I am very satisfied with my care thus far!
- May 30, 2022 Besides being thorough, attentive, and communicative, she is fun to talk to.
- May 28, 2022 Dr, Punger is caring, taking time with me, and talking straight to me.
- May 28, 2022 Dr. Punger is my new PCP and I am getting to know her. This was my second visit to the practice. I am pleased with Dr. Punger but I don't know the staff and they don't know me. I will have to ask more questions and find out who these people are taking me to different rooms to wait. Nurse? I'm not sure - next time I will know.
- May 26, 2022 She is always patient and kind. Answers questions well and helpful in every way.
- May 25, 2022 You can really feel that she cares about you.
- May 19, 2022 Dr. Punger is a healer, not MDeity.
- May 19, 2022 I wouldn't ever pick another doc
- May 19, 2022 Wonderful doctor. Really cared about my concerns
- May 18, 2022 Dr. Punger was very sweet person and very caring and very skillful in her knowledge. She is the best MD I have ever met who carries both the character and a sharp skill in her profession.
- May 18, 2022 Dr. Punger is always a pleasure to visit, even in the worst of times. She's a great listener and is mindful of your opinion on your health and works WITH you to plan the direction of your treatment plan. She's awesome!
- May 18, 2022 Wonderful doctor!
- May 18, 2022 Dr. Punger was extremely clear, attentive and comprehensive. It wasn??t immediately clear what my condition was, so she promptly scheduled me with a specialist and communicated with me via email and phone conversation after the visit.
- May 17, 2022 Always enjoyable interaction with Dr. Punger.
- May 16, 2022 Dr. Punger has always taken a personal interest in my health and happiness. She is also extremely proactive, and stays up-to-date on the best possible treatment or activity for me. This is so reassuring!
- May 15, 2022 Dr. Punger is the best. She is caring and always listens.
- May 15, 2022 She is very helpful and shows great concern!
- May 13, 2022 She listened and addressed my concerns. She answered my questions to my understanding.
- May 12, 2022 Dr Punger is outstanding. Quick to respond to my call and to resolve issue issue with no sound on telecall!
- May 11, 2022 Very professional, kind and compassionate. Excellent listener. You cal tell she really cares. She is genuine
- May 8, 2022 Very personable provider who cares deeply for her patients. I have recommended her to many people who were looking for an excellent provider to manage their personal care. She is an excellent physician, and responds timely to all My Wake Health messages and makes sure another physician covers for her when she is out of the office.
- May 6, 2022 Dr. Punger made me feel completely at ease. She explained my condition in a way I could understand and answered all my questions patiently. I felt that Dr. Punger really cared about me as a person and as a patient.
- May 6, 2022 Dr. Punger is caring and knowledgeable. I appreciate that she will go above and beyond to assist me with my health care concerns.
- May 6, 2022 She??s an outstanding physician, who has always tried to attend to any of my health concerns.
- May 5, 2022 Dr Punger is just the best. She is always kind and caring. She always listens and doesn??t make me feel silly for any tears that well up???. ????
- May 4, 2022 I feel very confident with Dr. Punger's care and I feel comfortable talking with her.
- May 4, 2022 Dr. Plunger is very professional and always has been there for me and my husband. I have referal my friends with her and they love her as well. We have been patients of her for years. I do have health issues but she's always made time for me. I have been married for 28 years my husband doesn't go to doctors even if he is bleeding to death so he meet Dr. Plunger and she's the only doc for him and that says a lot. I can rest knowing he goes for check ups and he trusts Dr. Punger. She's AWESOME :) :)
- April 28, 2022 Dr. Punger
- April 28, 2022 I was very comfortable with her and she took time to explain what she was recommending. I felt like she cared about my health condition and she??s easy to talk with.
- April 27, 2022 Dr. Kathleen Punger balances compassion with honest, direct feed about my health. She doesn't sugar-coat things. Still, I feel encouraged when I visit with her. I know that I am receiving the very best care.
- April 27, 2022 Dr. Punger is young but treats her patients like the doctors from Decades ago. She listens and then gives her recommendations.She' s truly a 10!
- April 26, 2022 Dr. Punger is extremely kind, caring, and thoughtful. She is a good listener and relates to patients very well. My last doctor always told me to get earwax drops when my ears got clogged, which never works. Dr. Punger asked the nurse to flush my ears to remove the wax, without me saying anything. She gets things done!
- April 26, 2022 I like Doctor Kathleen punger, she??s very nice and a good listener, and everytime I ask questions she got the answer. She treat me like family.
- April 26, 2022 Would recommend her
- April 25, 2022 The doctor was awesome, the nursing staff seemed like they couldn't get rid of me fast enough
- April 23, 2022 She is a wonderful, patient and empathetic physician. She is a wonderful listener and makes me feel comfortable. Very personable and friendly, as well as knowledgeable.
- April 23, 2022 Dr. Punger is very personable and has a lot of Knowledge as what my health problems are and how to treat them.. She is a very Good Doctor and cares about my health needs. Thank you Dr. Punger!!
- April 22, 2022 Dr Punger is very knowledgeable and caring about my health concerns. She listens and is very understanding which helps me feel better. She also answers any questions I have about treatments that she suggests I may need.
- April 21, 2022 She was helpful and listened to concerns that I had. Dr Punger scheduled tests and other appointments as needed.
- April 21, 2022 Dr Punger was patient and listened to my concerns.
- April 20, 2022 She was very nice and knowledgeable. Seemed genuinely concerned for my condition. Didn't make me feel rushed and she took the time to ask many questions. Advised follow up advise and treated my symptoms. She is a wonderful asset to Atrium Health Wake Forest Team!
- April 20, 2022 Always have a comfortable feeling when seen by Dr Plunger
- April 19, 2022 She listens. She cares and she responds to my problem. So thankful to be her patient.
- April 12, 2022 Best bedside manner ever.
- April 9, 2022 Best bedside manner always.
- April 6, 2022 Dr Punger was Great!!! She listened to all my conserns.
- April 6, 2022 The best health care doctor that I have had in a long time she tells you what's going on with you and what needs to be done.
- April 6, 2022 Dr. Punger is wonderful!!
- April 3, 2022 As I said earlier in the survey, Dr. Punger actually listens and take steps to find answers.
- March 31, 2022 I have been seeing Dr. Punger for several years now. She is always professional, but never aloof. She shows interest and concern, and most importantly, she listens to my concerns. I have recommended her to others.
- March 30, 2022 Dr. Punger is excellent. She is relaxed and confident which puts me as a patient at ease.
3020 Bonbrook Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27106Get Directions
Hours of Operation
Mon - Fri: 7:30 am - 5 pm
Sat - Sun: 8 am - 6 pm
Lunch: noon - 1 pm (doors reopen at 12:45 pm)
- Wake Forest School of Medicine, 2008
- Family Medicine, Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center, 2011
- American Board of Family Medicine, Family Medicine
- Physician - Wake Forest Health Network
This chart is a list of the most common health insurance plans we accept. This list is subject to change. Please check your individual plan to confirm their participation and the coverage allowed.
Due to the different physician groups and hospitals within the Wake Forest Baptist system, physician services and hospital services are billed separately. Please remember that health insurance coverage varies, so some services may not be covered.
If you don’t see your plan or you have questions, please call our Customer Service Center at 877-938-7497. We will do our best to work with you and your plan.
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC -Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC
Wake Forest Baptist Health Managed Care/MA Contracts - January2022
AETNA CONNECTED ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
AETNA (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
AETNA MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
AETNA WHOLE HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
ALIGNMENT HEALTHCARE MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes (not applicable to services provided at High Point)
AMBETTER OF NC: Accepted at all locations
AMERIHEALTH CARITAS NEXT ACA/Exchange: Accepted at all locations
APEX MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
BCBSNC (PPO & HMO): Accepted at all locations
BCBS HIGH PERFORMANCE (NATIONAL NETWORK): Accepted at all locations
BLUE LOCAL (WFBH INDIVIDUAL & WFBH X_Group): Accepted at all locations
BLUE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
BLUE VALUE: Accepted at all locations
CAROLINA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
CIGNA: Accepted at all locations
CIGNA BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at NCBH and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC and Wilkes)
CIGNA HEALTHSPRING MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Wilkes)
CIGNA LIFESOURCE (TRANSPLANTS): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
COVENTRY/WELLPATH: Accepted at all locations
CRESCENT PPO (ASHEVILLE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
DEVOTED HEALTH: Accepted at all locations
DIRECT NET: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not contracted, very low to no volume for CHC)
FIRST HEALTH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
FIRSTCAROLINACARE (PINEHURST, NC): Accepted at NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for WFUHS, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GATEWAY HEALTH ALLIANCE (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
GOLDEN RULE INS (UNITED): Accepted at all locations
HEALTHGRAM (formerly PRIMARY PHYSICIAN CARE): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and LMC (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
HEALTHTEAM ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA CHOICECARE: Accepted at all locations
HUMANA MEDICARE ADVANTAGE: Accepted at all locations
LIBERTY ADVANTAGE (MEDICARE ADVANTAGE): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
MAGELLAN (BEHAVIORAL HEALTH): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH and CHC (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
MEDCOST: Accepted at all locations
MEDCOST ULTRA: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie, LMC, Wilkes and High Point (not applicable at CHC)
OPTUMHEALTH (TRANSPLANTS - APPLICABLE TO NCBH/WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
PREFERRED CARE OF VA INC: Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
SOUTHERN HEALTH SVCS (COVENTRY-PPO ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, Davie and CHC (not contracted, very low to no volume for LMC, Wilkes and High Point)
TWIN COUNTY (VIRGINIA): Accepted at WFUHS and NCBH (not contracted, very low to no volume for Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH: Accepted at WFUHS, NCBH, CHC and High Point (not applicable to services provided at Davie, LMC and Wilkes)
UNITED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH INTENSIVE OUTPATIENT PROGRAM (WFUHS ONLY): Accepted at WFUHS (not applicable for services provided at NCBH, Davie, LMC, CHC, Wilkes and High Point)
UNITED HEALTHCARE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE ESSENTIALS ACA/EXCHANGE: Accepted at all locations
UNITED HEALTHCARE MEDICARE: Accepted at all locations
VA CCN: Accepted at all locations
WELLCARE: Accepted at all locations
WELLPATH (COVENTRY): Accepted at all locations
WFUHS - Wake Forest University Health Sciences (professional services)
NCBH - North Carolina Baptist Hospital
LMC - Lexington Medical Center
CHC - Cornerstone Healthcare
Wilkes - Wilkes Regional Medical Center
HPR- High Point Regional
N/A - Not applicable to services provided at facility and/or CHC
NC - Not Contracted, very low to no volume for facility and/or CHC