Residents will have precepting responsibilities on most learning experiences, as the department of pharmacy is a rotation site for pharmacy students from Campbell, High Point, and Wingate Universities.
As part of their precepting duties, residents complete student evaluations for the student/resident learning series.
Teaching certificate program
Onsite teaching opportunities at High Point University School of Pharmacy.
Presentations and Conferences
Written and verbal communication skills are emphasized throughout the program. Some of the presentation experiences include:
- Case presentation
- In-services on learning experiences
- Journal club
- Pharmacy Grand Rounds
- Pharmacy student lectures
- Poster presentation at American Pharmacists Association Annual Meeting
- Project platform presentation at the Southeastern Residency Conference (SERC)
The residency program requires the completion of several key projects, including:
- Guideline/policy implementation; business plan development
- Independent research project with guidance from departmental research committee
- Rotation-specific projects as needed
Professional Practice Experience
- Resident will participate in area staffing of two main community sites
- No more than the equivalent of every other weekend, one evening each week and two holidays
- Frequency will vary based on departmental needs and educational opportunities