For the convenience of web-based learning, this class is offered virtually with a live instructor.
This class is designed for families who will be having a scheduled cesarean birth.
This class includes:
- What to expect when you arrive at the hospital
- An explanation of the procedure
- Care of baby after cesarean
- Recovery from cesarean birth
Parking and Directions
- We recommend entering Deck C from Cloverdale Avenue, next to the emergency room.
- Drive to purple level M to the reserved parking spaces for the mammography clinic, these are reserved in the evening for The Birth Center class participants.
- Walk through breezeway, check-in at kiosk, and complete Covid-19 screening. When you are asked reason for arrival choose “other.” Make a right at the information desk and immediate left toward “Main Hospital.”
- Follow the signs to “The Birth Center”
- Once you enter the main hospital, make a right at “Fresh Inspirations Café.” The Birth Center classroom in on the right beside “The Mother’s Nursing Nook.”